Keith William Dixon, a former school tutor, was one of nine men aged in their 60s and 70s with ties to Dilworth School to be charged with sexually abusing children.
He died on May 14.
Dixon had previous convictions dating back to 1997 and was again convicted of indecent acts in 2014, according to a Radio New Zealand report from the time.
READ MORE: Dilworth School: Man accused of sexual offending keeps name suppression Dilworth School: Six men to be tried together for alleged historical sex abuse Dilworth School: Duo charged with sexual offending remanded to appear at High Court Dilworth School: Two more arrests over alleged sexual misconduct Dilworth School: Former assistant principal admits sexual offending
He was initially granted interim name suppression but following his death, Justice Sally Fitzgerald gave his lawyer a week to file an application to continue the order.
On Thursday the High Court confirmed to Stuff that no application had been filed, clearing the way for Dixon to be named.
According to charge sheets seen by Stuff , the alleged offending by the 70-year-old was said to have occurred in the early 1970s in Auckland and Christchurch, against three boys under the age of 16.
Dixon was excused from appearing at his first District Court and High Court appearances due to his medical condition and because he lived in Palmerston North.
He was jailed in 2014 for two years and two months after admitting two charges of inducing a 9-year-old to do an indecent act in 1973, according to Radio New Zealand.
Judge Eddie Paul, in the Auckland District Court, said Dixon sexually abused the boy in front of others.
The judge described the offending as selfish and a gross breach of trust. He suppressed the name of the school where the offending happened and noted Dixon had been convicted of similar offending in 1997.
Dixon is the third man who has died while facing historical child sex abuse allegations connected to Dilworth School in the past six months.
Rex Clarence McIntosh , 79, had pleaded not guilty to three charges of indecent assault. He died in hospital on May 10.
McIntosh also taught at Ruawai College for 16 years and was recently a relief teacher at Pakuranga, St Kents, Ormiston Senior and Botany Downs colleges.
McIntosh worked as a part-time actor, appearing on Shortland Street and Mercy Peak , as well as in theatre roles.
In November 2020, former Scout master Richard Charles Galloway died of cancer .
Former assistant principal Ian Robert Wilson has pleaded guilty to his charges and was sentenced to three years and seven months in jail.
The other men deny the charges and are set to go to trial.
Anyone with information can contact the Operation Beverly team on (09) 302 6624 or by emailing [email protected] .
More than 100 former Dilworth students have made complaints alleging historical sexual offending.
The alleged offending occurred as far back as the 1970s and as recently as the early 2000s.
To date, a total of nine men in their 60s and 70s have been accused of a number of sex and drugs charges, including alleged sexual violation, indecent assault, sexual exploitation and supplying drugs.
Where to get help for sexual violence
- Rape Crisis – 0800 88 33 00 (24hr service)
- Victim Support – 0800 842 846 (24hr service)
- The Harbour – online support and information for people affected by sexual abuse
- Women’s Refuge (women only) – crisis line available on 0800 733 843
- Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse Trust (men only) – helplines across NZ.
- Ex-House Speaker Dennis Hastert to Plead Guilty to Charges He Paid Hush Money to Sex Abuse Victim
- Bryan Singer Sex Abuse Lawyer Says He's a Victim of Sex Assault, Too
- A Man Died in Jail After Being Held in Solitary Confinement Without Water for a Week
- Why Were Three Teenage Rape Victims Bullied Out of School in Oklahoma?
- Men Consume, Women Are Consumed: 15 Thoughts on the Stigma of Sex Work
- Mayor Of New York Town Arrested On Child Pornography Charges
- How to Make a Sex Tape that Doesn't Suck
- , Sex and HBO: Where Did TV's Sexual Pioneer Go Wrong?
- The Slutty Resurgence of New York's Underground Gay Sex Parties
- Meet the Shock-Jock Theologian Offering Grace to a Small Town's Abusers, Forgiveness to the Abused
- Nun Abuse: How My Mother, a Former Nun, Suffered at the Hands of 'The Good Sisters'
- Dear Teens: Stop Putting Your Sex Selfies on Twitter, You Idiots
- Ex-Marlborough School Teacher Sentenced to Year in Jail for Sexually Abusing Students
- 2 Prison Supervisors Tasked with Educating About Prison Rape Charged with Sexually Abusing Female Inmates
- YACHT's 'Stolen' Sex Tape Was a Complete Hoax That They've Been Planning For Months
- The Birds and the Business: A Mother and Daughter Talk About Sex
- Ex-Legislator on Trial for Sexual Abuse of Wife with Alzheimers
- She's Making An Honest Game About Sex
- OMFG Teach Your Kids Accurate Names for Body Parts Already
- Interview With a Man Who Has a Tramp Stamp That Says 'Executive Producer DICK WOLF'
Dilworth School: Third man who died facing historical sex abuse charges can be named have 845 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at May 26, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.