Chris Brown's massive birthday party came to an abrupt end when police stormed in to evacuate the hundreds of guests in attendance, who ignored social distancing measures amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The Loyal singer celebrated his 32nd birthday on May 5 with a house party in the Tarzana area of California. Police did not confirm whether the bash was held at Chris' house but the musician does own property in the San Fernando Valley hillside community.
Footage shared on social media shows LAPD officers among large groups outside the mansion. Inside, Chris was partying with his friends, including rapper G-Eazy who posted a video of the huge crowds in the living area.
In other videos, several groups of party-goers could be seen hanging out by the swimming pool while white tents were erected in the garden.
DJ Carisma filmed a video with Chris in which he kissed her on the cheek as she said: 'Happy birthday boy, legendary.'
The No Guidance singer seemed pretty impressed with the attention his party attracted and shared a video of the scenes captioned: 'The party at Chris Brown's house went bad, hahaha!'
Chris then bragged: 'Mission passed.'
According to People , the LAPD said that 'officers responded to a loud noise call' at around 2am and that they 'dispersed a large crowd'.
NBC Los Angele s added that it wasn't clear how many people attended the party but there were around 300-500 cars parked in the neighbourhood. Officers spoke with the house manager to request that the party be shut down and guests are said to have been cooperative.
LA City Councilman Bob Blumenfield, who represents the San Fernando Valley, made no mention of Chris in his statement but pleaded with local residents to be mindful of the risks involved with the coronavirus pandemic.
Blumenfield said: 'As we've made so much progress against Covid-19, we still need to do everything possible to get vaccinated, be responsible and make sure that more people don't get sick.
'Even before the pandemic, massive house parties like this have been an issue throughout the city, severely disrupting our communities. But the reality is that we're still in the midst of this pandemic and irresponsible events like this have the power to create more outbreaks and set back the incredible gains made.'
Chris' daughter Royalty led the birthday wishes for the musician with an Instagram video of her saying: 'Daddy I just want you to know that you're the most special person I've ever had in the whole wide world. I love you.'
His ex-girlfriend Ammika Harris also posted a video of the singer holding their son Aeko and wrote: 'My whole heart in one picture. Happy Birthday @chrisbrownofficial ❤️.'
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- 'How is Chris? Is he doing okay?' Andrew Cuomo says Trump frequently asks him about his coronavirus-stricken brother as governor praises the president for 'delivering for New York' and reveals he has cried during crisis
- Coronavirus live updates: Four new cases at SF’s huge Laguna Honda nursing home
- Coronavirus live updates: SF water usage falls sharply with office buildings shut
- Profiles of those who died in huge warehouse fire in Oakland
- Coronavirus live updates: California lends 500 ventilators to other states
- From Disneyland to Coachella, coronavirus has shut down these entertainment events
- Student, 23, whose security guard fiancé was stabbed to death while working at a £12 million Park Lane home appeals for the family of chief suspect in his killing to turn him over to the police after he fled to Morocco
- Four pop-up accommodation centres to provide homeless a safe place during virus
- Beatles’ ‘Sgt. Pepper’ at 50: The Doomed Socialite Behind ‘A Day in the Life’
- : Mandy Moore's Rebecca Learns Her Diagnosis as Sophia Bush Makes Her Debut
- The President and the Plague
- Coronavirus live updates: 7,000 deaths in New York state
- Coronavirus live updates: New York Gov. Cuomo says the state’s curve is flattening
- Coronavirus live updates: Trump quietly ends asylum at border
- Coronavirus live updates: $1,000 fines for shelter-in-place violations in Santa Cruz
- Coronavirus live updates: 10% of US jobs lost in 3 weeks
- Coronavirus live updates: Expert says US daily death toll likely at its peak
- Coronavirus live updates: CDC traces one mildly sick person to 13 illnesses, 3 deaths
- Coronavirus live updates: 6.6 million file for unemployment
- Coronavirus live updates: More deaths in US than anywhere else
Chris Brown brags as huge birthday party with ‘around 500 guests’ is shut down by police: ‘Mission passed’ have 825 words, post on metro.co.uk at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.