Ant McPartlin has poked fun at Piers Morgan being jobless.
The cheeky Geordie suggested the former Good Morning Britain host would be a good addition to the 2021 I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! line-up during a chat with Lorraine Kelly on ITV’s Lorraine on Thursday.
Ant and co-star Declan Donnelly, both 45, have shared in the past that they would be keen to get the former newspaper editor in the jungle and Ant says now would be the perfect time for bolshy Piers to sign up following his departure from GMB.
Speaking on the chat show, via video link, Ant teased: “He’s not working at the moment, so you know, he’ll be looking for a job.”
Lorraine replied: “He’s got a bit of time on his hands, who knows.”
In recent weeks Piers, 56, has been joking about his unemployment status and has dubbed himself an “old jobless man.”
Last month, he took to social media to ask fans to buy his book and help “stick it to the cancel culture mob”.
Posting a selfie video on Twitter , in which Piers could be seen sitting in his study at home with copies of his book Wake Up propped up on display behind him.
Addressing his 7.9 million followers, Piers began: “Ok it's gone midday, so I can tell you now that I'm not actually going back to Good Morning Britain, that was just a little April Fool's Day but oh did I catch some big fish with this one, most amusing.
“It's also the publication day for the paperback of my book Wake Up, which is a call for a defence of freedom of speech and the right to have an opinion and an end to this ridiculous cancel culture that is currently wrecking our society.”
Piers continued: “Let’s back to what made Britain great, the ability to disagree with each other and then go and have a pint in the pub, not try and wreck each other's lives for difference of opinion.
“And you know what I can't think of a better way to stick it to the cancel culture mob and to take the paperback of my book to number one as well. So help an old jobless man in his hour of need,” father-of-four Piers added.
Controversial Piers left the GMB after thousands of people complained to Ofcom regarding his comments about Meghan Markle and her interview with Oprah Winfrey.
ITV boss Kevin Lygo has since said that Piers is “irreplaceable” and admitted there isn’t a single person in the showbiz world who can replace the outspoken TV star.
Get all the latest celebrity news delivered straight to your inbox
From secret feuds and sexy scandals to the biggest showbiz headlines – we’re serving up a daily dose of gossip.
Get the inside scoop on all your favourite celebs with our daily newsletter delivered straight to your inbox for free.
You can sign up here .
The TV boss has lifted the lid on how ITV plan to plug the gaping hole Piers has left and keep viewers hooked for the future.
He told Deadline: "Piers is a special thing. You can't replace somebody like him. There is nobody like Piers, for good or bad.
"We have a roster of presenters, including Ben Shephard, Susanna Reid, Charlotte Hawkins, and Kate Garraway.
“They're all stepping up and doing a few more days than they would have done… We'll mix and match until we feel what the right thing is to do. There isn't a single person who can replace him.”
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033.
- Cryin' Wolf at CNN! Sources say viewers will see less of veteran anchor Wolf Blitzer and more of younger, hunkier newsmen
- Harry Styles, Kendall Jenner spend time together on ski trip: 'There was a lot of flirting,' says source
- TV host: Robert Downey Jr. once greeted me by saying ‘nice t---s’
- Sonja Morgan aims to reverse a ruling involving John Travolta film project that led to her bankrupcty
- Chelsea Handler and Joan Rivers could battle it out on TV, says ‘After Lately’ producer
- Accusations fly in battle over Mondrian SoHo Hotel
- Meek Mill's album party is hot, but his tardiness is not, as Jay-Z and Will Smith don't stay
- Britney Spears has issues with small stage size for her Las Vegas shows at Planet Hollywood
- NBC talks continue on bringing in Katie Couric as sub when Savannah Guthrie begins maternity leave
- Elvis Duran of Z100 really gets floored by what he sees when apartment shopping in NYC
Ant McPartlin teases Piers Morgan by saying he can star on I'm A Celeb after GMB exit have 789 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.