RUDY Giuliani, who was once the mayor of New York City, was also the personal lawyer of former president Donald Trump.
Giuliani is currently being investigated by the Department of Justice for his business dealings with Ukraine.
When was Rudy Giuliani mayor of New York City?
Brooklyn-born attorney Rudy Giuliani, 76, was elected mayor of New York City in 1993, staying in office for two terms.
The thrice-married Giuliani was formerly Donald Trump’s lawyer. Following his mayor stint, Giuliani faced a plethora of ups and downs including cancer, a failed presidential bid and cheating scandals.
Donna Hanover was Giuliani’s wife during his stint as mayor of New York, although during this period, rumors swirled that he had cheated on her. In 2000, Giuliani held a surprise press conference to announce the two were separating.
Giuliani is currently not married, although rumors have speculated that he may be dating the woman he allegedly cheated on his third wife with.
In September 2019, Giuliani showed up to a White House dinner with Dr. Maria Ryan who was named in court documents filed by Giuliani’s last wife when she divorced him.
He has described Ryan, who has has attended events with in the past, as a “very fine woman.”
Why are investigators searching Rudy Giuliani’s apartment?
On April 28, the New York Times , citing sources, reported federal investigators allegedly searched Giuliani’s New York City apartment and seized his electronic devices .
It marks a step up in the criminal investigation into the former NYC mayor’s dealings in Ukraine .
According to the Times, the United States Attorney's office in Manhattan and the FBI has been seeking a search warrant for Giuliani’s phones for months.
The Justice Department repeatedly sought to block such a warrant under the Trump administration.
The path was reportedly cleared for the search to be carried out after Merrick B. Garland was confirmed as President Joe Biden 's attorney general.
However, a search warrant is not an indication of any wrongdoing on Giuliani’s part.
A request for comment from the FBI and US attorney’s office was not immediately returned.
Most read in US News
Judge won’t release vid of Andrew Brown shooting – but family allowed to watch
What is Rudy Giuliani’s net worth?
It is believed that Rudy Giuliani has a net worth of $45million.
In addition to being a lawyer and politician, Giuliani is a highly-paid public speaker as well.
- Mayor Bill de Blasio Claims New York City Is ‘Safest Big City in America’
- Rudy Giuliani claims he is 'more of a Jew' than Holocaust survivor George Soros in bizarre alcohol-fueled, conspiracy theory ridden interview - sparking backlash over his 'dog whistle to anti-Semites'
- Rudy Giuliani: ‘I’m More of a Jew than Soros’
- Republican Senator Rand Paul mocks Rudy Giuliani saying 'You do have to wonder how he was the best the President could think of for a lawyer'
- Text messages reveal 'role played by former pro golfer David Correia when he accompanied two of Rudy Giuliani's associates to Ukraine' and how he was 'there to help seal lucrative business deals'
- Rudy Giuliani Calls Himself 'Government Official' On Facebook Page, Internet Reminds Him He's Not
When was Rudy Giuliani mayor of New York City? have 625 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 28, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.