MOST Brits believe Kate Middleton will make a good Queen when the time comes, a new poll shows.
Popular Kate – who celebrates her 10th wedding anniversary with William on Thursday – is “definitely” up to the job, 43 per cent of adults polled believe.
A further 33 per cent said she “probably will” be a good monarch – while just three per cent think she definitely won’t.
And the fact that Kate grew up a “commoner”, with no aristocratic or royal background, is on her side.
Some 31 per cent of people think it’s better – while 59 per cent say it makes no difference to them either way.
The YouGov survey of 5,055 adults in Britain, found women were more likely to think Kate will make a good Queen, with 51 per cent saying she definitely will and 31 per cent that she probably will.
This compared to 35 per cent of men for both answers.
Leavers were also much more likely to think the Duchess will definitely make a good Queen at 57 per cent, compared to 36 per cent of Remainers.
The news comes just a day after it was revealed that Harry and Meghan’s popularity is at its lowest point ever after the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral – while the Queen remains the nation’s favourite royal.
Kate became a future queen when she married second-in-line William at Westminster Abbey on April 29 2011 after an eight-year relationship.
The pair met while studying at St Andrews University, and 10 years on from their wedding, have three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
During their marriage together, the couple have weathered the storms of royal life – and risen to plenty of challenges.
Recently, Kate acted as peacemaker for William and Harry as the brothers saw each other face-to-face for the first time in more than a year at their grandfather’s funeral.
"Thank God for Kate — she is the rock the monarchy will depend on. On Saturday, she behaved absolutely impeccably."
After Philip’s death, William vowed that he and his wife would continue on with their duties and stand beside the Queen.
“Catherine and I will continue to do what he would have wanted and will continue to support the Queen in the years ahead,” William said.
“I will miss my Grandpa, but I know he would want us to get on with the job.”
And since then, they’ve frequently been seen in public on roytal engagements.
The couple laughed together as they played golf during a visit to a farm on Tuesday.
And on Wednesday, they released new photos to mark their anniversary.
Most read in News
The first shows them beaming in the grounds of Kensington Palace – with the snap mimicking a photo taken to celebrate the couple’s engagement 11 years ago.
The second photo shows them sitting on the ground together with Kate holding his wife in his arms.
Kate looks stunning in a blue dress while Prince William grins at the camera in a matching blue jumper.
Kate Middleton and Prince William celebrate ten year wedding anniversary
- Why April is a special month for Kate Middleton and the Queen despite COVID-19 lockdown
- Why April Is a Special Month for Kate Middleton, Prince William and Queen Elizabeth
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Reveal Their Royal Baby Boy's Name!
- Sarah Ferguson blames 'vicious' social media trolls for driving a wedge between Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle as she calls for an end to 'pitting women against each other'
- Inside Kate Middleton and William’s HUGE Norfolk garden as they isolate with George, Charlotte and Louis
- Kate Middleton and William call colleagues of NHS worker who died of coronavirus
- 'I'm naming this award Harry, because it's coming back to the US with me!' Awkward-looking Prince William and Kate Middleton can't help laughing as Margot Robbie reads Brad Pitt's cheeky Megxit quip at BAFTAs
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Step Out Minutes After Their New Nephew Makes His Royal Debut
- Coronavirus: Where the Queen, Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle are self-isolating
- Kate Middleton receives sad news as her favourite summer event Wimbledon is cancelled amid COVID-19 crisis
Three-quarters of Brits believe Kate Middleton will make a great Queen as Duchess celebrates 10th wedding anniversary have 799 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 28, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.