Russian forces massing on Ukraine's border have daubed assault vehicles with ominous "invasion stripes," heightening fears of all-out war breaking out. The Daily Mirror can also exclusively reveal that Russia will soon have a staggering assault force of 107,000 troops amassed at Ukraine's border. It is far more than previously thought and emerged in documents leaked to the Mirror which include shocking details on the Russian firepower involved. Ukrainian military estimates of the advancing force include 1,300 battle tanks, 3,700 drones, 1,300 artillery and mortar units and 380 multiple launch rocket systems. The shocking numbers of troops alone represents at least 35,000 more Russian frontline troops more than the entire British Army following defence cuts. Sign up to our newsletter to get the day’s biggest news straight to your inbox The Mirror’s newsletter brings you the latest news, exciting showbiz and TV stories, sport updates and essential political information. The newsletter is emailed out first thing every morning, at 12noon and every evening. Never miss a moment by signing up to our newsletter here . Yesterday in Astrakhan, 350 miles from the frontline, Russian BTR 80 armoured vehicles painted with invasion stripes were spotted heading in convoy to the railway… Read full this story
- Coronavirus live updates: Nearly 500 cases in SF
- We Are Losing Hearts and Minds in the Former Soviet Empire
- France struggles to come to terms with an attack that strikes at its core
- How Secret Russian Spy Kim Philby Helped Set Up Israel
- How a Czech 'super-spy' infiltrated the CIA
- Extremists see global chaos from virus as an opportunity
- D-Day anniversary: 'World-changing' day remembered
- Revisiting Kurdistan: 'If there is a success story in Iraq, it's here'
- Coronavirus live updates: Fremont to open drive-through testing center
- Coronavirus live updates: Unemployment increase largest in one month since 1975
Russia paints 'invasion stripes' on assault vehicles as forces gather near Ukraine border have 288 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at April 14, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.