RUSSIA deployed a “decoy army” of inflatable tanks, missiles and fighter jets to “trick the West” amid Ukraine tensions. The superpower’s blow-up army was used for nation-wide military exercises. Putin’s decoys, which can inflate within minutes, were seen in woods close to the capital city Moscow this week. The army said: "The inflatable equipment is nearly identical to the original thanks to the use of special materials. “It also has the same radiation background so that an enemy does not notice the deception." Rusbal, the company behind the blow-up forces, said the cost of fooling the enemy is a fraction of buying the real weaponry. Among the armoury is what looks like a MiG-31 and Su-27 fighters under the cover of an anti-aircraft missile system at a mock covert airfield in the forest. A report on the Russian Defence Ministry’s TV channel Zvezda said: "Tanks, aviation and air defence systems were moved to Moscow region so that 'an enemy' had a chance not only to find a hidden aerodrome, but to obtain satellite pictures, too." It shows the 45th engineer-camouflage regiment "armed with the most unusual equipment of the Russian army". It comes amid growing tensions between Russia and Ukraine…. Read full this story
- What Is Russia Doing in Libya? Pentagon Warns of Escalation As Putin Sends Fighter Jets
- US approves sale of $180million worth of submarine-launched torpedoes to Taiwan to 'improve the security' of the island amid heightened tensions with China
- China's new J-20 stealth fighter screams on to scene
- NATO Pushed to Upgrade Romania to ‘Center of Gravity’ for Russian Deterrence by DC Think Tank
- 'Trump is bereft of reason... and SENILE': One of Kim Jong-un's top generals launches astonishing attack on US president as North Korea threatens missile strike on Guam 'within days'
- FACTSHEET: Buhari’s achievements and all you need to know
- USS Theodore Roosevelt returning to sea as China steps up coronavirus-era 'harassment' of US spy planes, ships
- Trump offers to help India and China as border dispute 'rages'
- In the shadow of the Wolf Warriors: Chinese nationalists urge President Xi to seize Taiwan as Beijing's bullying could see the island democracy that beat the virus barred from this week's vital WHO summit
- It's great outdoors! Europeans pack onto beaches and throng to bars and cafes as life begins to return to normal after lockdown (but WHO warns they should be preparing for SECOND deadly wave of coronavirus, not celebrating)
Russia deploys ‘decoy army’ of inflatable tanks, missiles & fighter jets to ‘trick the West’ amid Ukraine tensions have 407 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 22, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.