Boris Johnson has ordered an independent review into Greensill Capital following the David Cameron lobbying controversy. Top lawyer Nigel Boardman will lead the investigation into the now-collapsed finance firm’s activities in government and the role its founder, Lex Greensill, played. The Whitehall review will look at how government contracts were secured by Greensill Capital as well as the actions of Mr Cameron. What is the lobbying scandal and why is David Cameron involved? Confirming a review had now been ordered after weeks of allegations about the links between Mr Greensill, Mr Cameron and government ministers and officials, Mr Johnson’s official spokesman told reporters: “As you know, there is significant interest in this matter. “So the prime minister has called for the review to ensure government is completely transparent about such activities and that the public can see for themselves if good value was secured for taxpayers’ money. Advertisement “This independent review will also look at how contracts were secured and how business representatives engaged with government.” The prime minister expected the revew to be done “thoroughly” and “promptly”, the spokesman added. More from David Cameron Greensill: Gordon Brown suggests ex-PMs should be banned from lobbying for five years David Cameron… Read full this story
- 2018 In Review Fast Facts
- Chief medical officer gives green light for review into medical cannabis use in Britain
- ATO takes a close look at Greensill
- Vaping giant Juul recruits customers for shadow grassroots lobbying campaign in fight for survival
- NJ Supreme Court OKs controversial housing development in protected Highlands
- How Warren would 'end lobbying as we know it'
- Capitals' suffocating pressure is frustrating Golden Knights
- Zimbabwe: Boost for Livestock Sector . . . Shiri Officially Launches Stockfeeds Plant
- Morning mail: Johnson's new Brexit offer, bank lobbying revealed, Sydney police shooting
- New J'lem map launched to help visitors navigate the capital’s treasured sites
Review launched into Greensill Capital following David Cameron lobbying controversy have 297 words, post on news.sky.com at April 12, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.