Tributes have been paid to Prince Philip from Commonwealth leaders and others around the world. The Duke of Edinburgh died on Friday morning at Windsor Castle at the age of 99. Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau described Prince Philip as a “man of great purpose and conviction”. Prince Philip dies – Live reaction from UK and around the world In Pictures: 73 years as consort and 22,000 engagements “Prince Philip contributed so much to the social fabric of our country – and the world,” he tweeted. “He will be remembered as a decorated naval officer, a dedicated philanthropist, and a constant in the life of Queen Elizabeth II. “The thoughts of all Canadians are with her and the entire Royal Family as they mourn this significant loss.” More from Commonwealth Queen hails ‘friendship and unity’ in Commonwealth address ahead of Sussexes’ explosive interview Queen pictured at Windsor ahead of Commonwealth Day address celebrating the union Government suspends £4.7m funding for Commonwealth Secretariat Maldives rejoins the Commonwealth – an hour after Brexit UK to fund meals for Commonwealth veterans at risk of poverty Sky Data poll: Britons split on Charles as Commonwealth head Australia’s Prime Minister Scott Morrison said in a… Read full this story
- John McCain's Vietnamese Jailer Pays Tribute: 'I Liked Him Personally'
- Mourners pay tribute at funeral of Vietnam's late president
- Mattis Pays Tribute to Prisoners of War, Missing in Action
- Ariana Grande pays tribute to ex Mac Miller
- Nation's political leaders pay tribute as John McCain lies in state at U.S. Capitol
- Stone Soul Festival to pay tribute to Aretha Franklin, other stars
- Aretha Franklin funeral: Detroit and world pay respect in 8-hour service
- John McCain remembered: Obama, family and more pay tribute
- John McCain honored at US Capitol, lawmakers pay tribute to 'generational leader'
- Vietnamese pay tribute to John McCain
Prince Philip dies: The world pays tribute to 'a man of great purpose and conviction' have 292 words, post on news.sky.com at April 9, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.