Prince Louis: Expert on ‘delay’ to royal’s nursery start date
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Prince Louis , two, is the youngest of Kate, Duchess of Cambridge , 39, and Prince William’s, 38, three children, and will celebrate his third birthday on April 23. Louis is expecting to celebrate in private with his parents and older siblings Prince George, seven, and Princess Charlotte, five, but will his birthday be marked publicly too?
The Duchess of Cambridge is a keen amateur photographer and last year delighted fans by sharing new pictures of all three of her children on their birthdays.
Kate and William shared an adorable series of Louis playing with finger paints as he made a rainbow tribute to the NHS at the height of the pandemic.
The Cambridges are keen social media users and as well as the official birthday portraits, they released some behind the scenes pictures of Louis getting messy with the paint on Instagram.
The post which accompanied the candid snaps read: “Instagram vs Reality.”
Prince Louis birthday: Will Kate Middleton release new pictures of Louis to celebrate? (Image: Kensington Royal Instagram)
Prince Louis birthday: Last year Kate and William shared new photos of Louis to mark his birthday on Instagram (Image: Kensington Royal Instagram)
The post added: “Thank you for all your lovely messages on Prince Louis' second birthday!
“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to share new photographs of Prince Louis, taken by The Duchess this April.”
Will Kate share new pictures of Louis to mark his birthday?
Louis’s third birthday falls at a sad time for the Royal Family who are in mourning following Prince Philip’s death on April 9.
Prince Louis birthday: Kate and William also shared behind-the-scenes snaps from the shoot on social media (Image: Kensington Royal Instagram)
The Queen will be 95 on Wednesday but her birthday is expected to pass without fanfare following the Duke of Edinburgh’s passing.
Nonetheless, Kate and William are still likely to mark Louis birthday publicly on social media.
The royal parents could choose to share new photos of their son on Instagram and Twitter to celebrate the special milestone.
Louis was last seen out in public with siblings ahead of Christmas when the Cambridge clan attended a pantomime put on for keyworkers in central London.
Queen’s birthday without Prince Philip to be ‘truly sad occasion’ [INSIGHT] Lady Louise Wi ndsor ‘mentored by mum Sophie for high-profile role’ [PICTURES] 3 birthday traditions Queen won’t observe following Philip’s death [VIDEO]
Louis is fifth in line to the throne, and while he is unlikely to ever be king, he is still a much-treasured member of the Royal Family.
Louis, Charlotte and George were unable to attend Prince Philip’s funeral on Saturday due to the strict 30-person cap on numbers due to COVID-19.
One royal insider claimed to know the heartbreaking way in which William broke Prince Philip’s death to his children.
Prince Louis birthday: Louis, George and Charlotte were last out in public before Christmas (Image: GETTY)
A royal source told US Weekly: "William told George, Charlotte and Louis that Prince Philip has 'gone to heaven' and 'is an angel now'.”
The insider added: "They're still so young."
Kate and William are based at Kensington Palace in London during term time with their children.
George and Charlotte are both pupils at Thomas’s Battersea, a short drive from the royal residence.
Louis’s start at nursery is believed to have been pushed back due to the pandemic.
- Meghan Markle latest news – Royal war triggered ‘when Anne ordered Prince Harry NOT to marry unsuitable Meghan’
- Royal Family news – Queen blasted Kate Middleton’s wedding dress display as ‘HORRID’ & ‘dreadful’ unearthed film reveals
- Kate Middleton and Prince William argued over Prince George’s Euro suit
- Royal Family news – Prince Charles ‘so DESPERATE to ignore Prince Philip’s last wish he’s adopted mafia boss mentality’
- Prince George seventh birthday photo released by Kate Middleton
- Kate Middleton makes surprising revelation about youngest son Prince Louis on his birthday
- Carole Middleton releases stunning birthday picture – as Michael under pressure over party
- Why Kate’s sister Pippa Middleton is celebrating very special day today
- Kate surprises shopper during errand with George, Charlotte and Louis - ‘All so normal!'
- Kate and William speak out after devastating floods in Europe - heartbreaking statement
- Royal parenting rules mean Cambridge children have a very different life from the Sussexes
- Royal Family LIVE: Prince Charles plots huge title snub - axe to fall on frontline royal
- Meghan Markle news latest – Duchess risks popularity IMPLOSION in America ‘after telling Queen where to stick crown’
- Princess Charlotte leaves royal watchers 'surprised' with ‘suddenly’ different appearance
- Queen makes announcement to the nation - royal tradition shattered
Prince Louis birthday: Will Kate Middleton release new pictures of Louis to celebrate? have 962 words, post on www.express.co.uk at April 21, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.