Prince Philip funeral: Queen ‘holding up well’ claims Jobson
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Prince Philip died "peacefully" aged 99 at his Windsor Castle residence earlier this month. Following the news, many television shows were postponed or cancelled across all the main channels and replaced with coverage about the late Royal. BBC One and Two delayed their planned scheduling to air special coverage, meaning shows such as the MasterChef final were put on hold at short notice.
If you don't like something there are plenty of other channels available!
Peter Andre’s wife
The broadcasting company has since confirmed it received 109,741 complaints from the public.
Sharing her thoughts about the negative reaction, Emily said: "I was surprised that more than 100,000 people complained about the BBC's coverage of the Duke of Edinburgh's death.
"I don't quite see the need to complain, because it means a lot to a lot of people, and it was such an important thing to cover."
The wife of Peter Andre went on to say we were "lucky" to have so much choice of television shows, adding: "If you don't like something there are plenty of other channels available!"
The BBC received 109,741 complaints about its Prince Philip coverage (Image: ITV•GETTY)
Peter Andre’s wife Emily blasted those who complained about the coverage (Image: GETTY)
Prince Philip died ‘peacefully’ aged 99 at his Windsor Castle residence (Image: GETTY)
She continued in her latest OK! Magazine column: "I think it was really nice that they did such good coverage, but I do understand that I follow the Royal Family and not everyone does, so I guess it just wasn't for everyone."
Prince Philip was laid to rest last Saturday at St George’s Chapel, Windsor.
The socially distanced 50-minute service was attended by just 30 guests, due to coronavirus rules.
Emily's husband Peter paid tribute to the late Prince on his Instagram page, writing: "Farewell Prince Philip. Thinking of our Queen."
Peter Andre and his wife Emily Macdonagh paid tribute to the late Prince Philip (Image: GETTY)
A timeline of Prince Philip’s life (Image: EXPRESS)
Today, he also shared a picture of the Queen as she marks her 95th birthday today.
In view of his 1.7 million followers, he wrote: “I really wish it was a HAPPY birthday for this wonderful lady. Still, we wish you nothing but the best for your 95th birthday. #ourqueen #strongwoman.”
The Queen will not be celebrating her birthday this year following her husband's death.
In a statement today, she said: "I have on the occasion of my 95th birthday today received many messages of good wishes, which I very much appreciate.
DON’T MISS… Naga Munchetty says BBC thought ‘carefully’ about her hosting alone [LISTEN] Joanna Lumley’s son had desperate letters ‘taken by teacher’ [REVEALED] Lewis Hamilton responds to murder verdict in the trial of George Floyd [REACTION]
"While as a family we are in a period of great sadness, it has been a comfort to us all to see and hear the tributes paid to my husband from those within the United Kingdom, the Commonwealth and around the world.”
Elsewhere, Kirstie Allsopp also hit out at people who complained about the coverage.
In view of her 426,000 Twitter followers, she commented: "We need to get back on with life, because if anyone has enough time to bother doing this then we're so far up poo creek we couldn't get back even with a paddle."
News of Prince Philip's death announced by the Royal Family on April 9.
The statement read: "It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
“His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle.
“Further announcements will be made in due course. The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss.”
- Peter Andre's daughter Princess, 13, wows fans with her singing voice while her pop star dad cooks dinner... a day after her puppy 'suffocated to death' at mum Katie Price's house
- Prince Andrew is seen leaving Royal Lodge in Windsor behind the wheel of his Range Rover after 'isolating' with Princess Beatrice so he could walk her down the aisle at secret wedding to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
- 'We rolled out the red carpet for Meghan': Frustrated Kate Middleton and Prince William hit back at claims in devastating biography that Duchess and Harry felt shunned by the Royal Family and insist they welcomed her with open arms
- How Prince Harry was FIRST to say 'I love you': Royal and Meghan Markle knew after first two dates that they 'would be together', bombshell biography reveals
- Katie Price is slammed by animal rights activists as Princess' puppy Rolo 'suffocated to death when he got stuck in an electric armchair'... months after her Alsatian Sparkle was killed
- 'P****d off' Prince Harry branded William a snob after his brother accused him of being 'blinded by lust' over 'this girl' Meghan Markle, sensational Finding Freedom biography claims
- Celebrity Gogglebox issues an APOLOGY to Eamonn Holmes and reveals it is altering future repeats of the episode after he slammed show for 'idiotic and cruel' editing
- FaceTime in the bath, personal voicemails and private conversations between brothers: Intimate details the Finding Freedom authors included raise questions as to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's involvement
- Furious tourists who could lose thousands of pounds in income thanks to sudden quarantine slam decision to include Spanish islands 'where infections haven't even risen' - as Boris Johnson warns curbs on European hotspots may WIDEN
- Coronavirus UK news LIVE: Boris Johnson fears second wave in TWO WEEKS as deaths hit 45,878
- PC Harper manslaughter verdict is 'two fingers up at the criminal justice system': Fury as cop-killing travellers are cleared of murder - as friend says trio 'knew exactly what they were doing' when they dragged him to death
- How Harry and Meghan considered ambushing the Queen: Couple's plan to dash from airport for showdown with the Queen, 94, immediately after landing in UK from Canada is revealed in new book
- Just one side of the story? Royal expert says it's clear Finding Freedom authors have spoken to people 'close' to Harry and Meghan as couple deny involvement in book that airs their grievances - and 'backs up what's already been said'
- Queen's top 25 highlights from her incredible 25,000 days on the throne
- Families of cancer patients who died after rejecting conventional medicine to spend thousands on homeopathy blast clinics who 'radicalised' them - with one owner recorded on camera saying 'a lump won't kill you'
- Rebekah Vardy claims Coleen Rooney ‘sold stories on herself’ in new court documents
- Katie Price is left distraught after her daughter Princess' puppy Rolo dies in a tragic accident... five months after her Alsatian Sparkle was killed
- 'I've lost £2k in wages - who's going to pay my mortgage?' Furious Brits arrive from Spain for two weeks of isolation after last-minute change to quarantine ruined 600,000 holidays - as No 10 tells those who lose work to apply for benefits
- I'm not hysterical: Matt Hancock denies overreacting to rising infections as he defends increase in self-isolation times to TEN days for people testing positive or showing symptoms - and says a 'second wave is rolling across Europe'
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: March 20-21
Peter Andre's wife slams those who complained about Prince Philip BBC coverage after death have 1379 words, post on www.express.co.uk at April 21, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.