PAIGE SPIRANAC has revealed she was put on a “watch list” after breaking a golf club in anger – with a professional player assigned to follow her round the course to check on her behaviour.
The Instagram star admits she has a swing-and-hiss side to her character – throwing clubs and “looking psychotic” when practice goes wrong.
The American is better known for glamour snaps than snapping clubs.
So her 2million social media followers might be shocked to hear she doesn’t always believe in green peace.
“I get worked up so fast. I’m like zero or 100. There is no middle ground for me.
“So i can be so cool, calm and collected for such a long time and then I absolutely just lose it. I’ve never done it in competition.
“I, in junior golf, was kind of on the watch list.
“I would have one of the professionals following me to make sure there were no outbursts or throwing of my clubs.
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN SIGN UP OFFERS HERE
Most read in Golf
“They were, like, ‘if you do that again you are going to get kicked off’.
“So I really had to watch it, and also my parents really didn’t like it when I’d got angry.
“They said it was just unbecoming, and said that if I ever showed that kind of emotion again then I probably shouldn’t be playing.”
- Pro break out new gear at Kapalua
- Recapping the round: memories of golf in 2010
- Column: Golf and ‘Crime-Stoppers’ a dangerous mix
- Tiger’s long road to golf recovery
- What to watch for in 2011
- The Olympic Club’s history goes beyond US Opens
- Book excerpt: Tiger at Quail Hollow
- Column: Tiger’s display an embarrassment to game
- John Daly takes a walk, might not be welcomed back
- 2012 US Open qualifier summary
Paige Spiranac reveals she was put on golf course ‘watch list’ over explosive anger after breaking club have 396 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.