CHEERS! Pub gardens reopened today, and hordes of thirsty Brits enjoyed an open-air drink. But the prospect gives me the chills, especially as snow, hail and the usual April showers are said to be on the way. So today I reveal how to keep warm and dry without splashing out. Here are my pub garden gear ideas . . . LOW-LOLLY BROLLY: We all know a trusty brolly is an essential for pub gardens this week. If yours has seen better days, you needn't splash out a fortune on one. Nab a smart, windproof golf umbrella from susino.co.uk for just £9.99 — under half the price of the popular Fulton Stormshield brolly, £28 at John Lewis. SAVE: £18.01 WELLY GOOD: When it pours down, Wellington boots are indispensable. Thankfully you can grab some slightly more elegant, black patent Festival rubber wellies on ebay.co.uk for £24 — and they're very similar to designer brand Hunter's riding wellies at £125. SAVE: £101 COLD PINT, WARM HANDS: For chilly evenings, order the rechargeable Ocoopa hand warmer, £33.12 (down from £34.50) or get a pack of Hot Hands Hand Warmers from Amazon for just £3.99 for ten. They're brrr-illiant. SAVE: £29.13 DON'T ANO-RACK UP COSTS: Waterproof coats… Read full this story
- Driving tips to make sure you don't suffer a horrible Easter
- CABINET CALL: Be sure your pet is safe while you're away
- Make music your thing this week with The Bad Mama Jammas in Preston
- The good bread guide – how to make sure you're eating a healthy loaf
- How to find the right garage for your next car service – and make sure you get the best price
- 'Let’s make sure he is right, for a start'
- Make sure you don’t get ripped off over Mother’s Day gifts
- Samit sparkles to make sure Nottinghamshire have home help
- HMRC urges business owners to make sure they are ready for no deal
- The complete guide to going out in Marylebone
Now pubs have reopened, make sure you’re prepared for any weather with our guide have 317 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 12, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.