BENEFIT payment dates are often affected by bank holidays throughout the year. The month of May brings not just one but two extra days off for many workers in the form of bank holidays. The first May bank holiday falls on Monday, May 3 this year, while the second falls on Monday, May 31. Both Mondays will therefore not be working days for plenty of workers so the processing of payments will unlikely take place as normal. This means some benefit claimants will get their cash on other dates than usual. Here’s everything you need to know about how the extra days off will affect your benefit payments: When will my benefits be paid over the first May bank holiday? The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has confirmed that tax credit payment dates will change over the early May bank holiday. Households who would expect to be paid tax credits on Monday, May 3, will instead be paid on the last working day before the bank holiday. How to contact the DWP for help WHAT number you call depends on what type of benefit you need help with. Universal Credit : Call for free: 0800 328 9344 Welsh speaking:… Read full this story
- May Bank Holiday benefit payment dates - check when your universal credit will arrive
- Benefit payment dates over the Easter Bank Holiday - including universal credit
- May Bank Holiday 2020 benefits including Universal Credit, PIP and ESA payment dates
- Universal Credit and coronavirus – how will it work and will existing claimants get more money?
- How to complain to Universal Credit if your payment is wrong and how to get your problem sorted
- Universal credit claimant sanctioned for not being able to find a job during lockdown
- The misery, despair and pain of universal credit
- Universal credit spin is at odds with reality
- DWP chiefs say they 'didn't really consider' axing 5-week wait for Universal Credit
- Coronavirus: Nearly two million claim universal credit
May Bank Holiday benefit payment dates explained including Universal Credit and state pension have 311 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.