Maruti Suzuki has decided to shut down its manufacturing plant in Haryana to make oxygen available for the needy during the second wave of the pandemic. Maruti Suzuki also added that Suzuki Motor has also decided to shut down its plant in Gujarat to support the same cause.
“As part of the car manufacturing process, Maruti Suzuki uses a small amount of oxygen in its factories while relatively much larger quantities are used by the manufacturers of components. In the current situation, we believe that all available oxygen should be used to save lives,” said the press statement released by Maruti Suzuki.
For this, Maruti Suzuki even had to postpone its annual maintenance shutdown from 01 May to 09 May. This decision from Maruti Suzuki comes as a blessing to the whole country, as it is currently facing the second wave of the pandemic.
The second wave of COVID-19 pandemic has hit the country very hard with daily casualties hitting close to 3,000 in a day, while over 3.6 lakh new cases were recorded in a day. This takes the total recorded cases to 1.79 crores.
With more than three lakh cases being recorded on a daily basis, India has been struggling to produce enough oxygen for its patients. With the total death toll reaching over two lakhs, making this the most fatal pandemic to ever hit the nation. As a result of Maruti Suzuki shutting down its plants, its shares traded 0.44 percent higher.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki Shutting Down Its Plant To Manufacture Oxygen For Patients
Maruti Suzuki is India’s largest automobile manufacturer. The decision to shut its plant down to support the medical needs in India during this pandemic is not only welcomed by the people and government of India but it also sets an example for other manufacturers to follow.
- Maruti Suzuki may double production from Gujarat; demand reaches 90% of pre-COVID levels
- Maruti Suzuki posts Q1 loss of Rs 249.4 crore, revenue plunges 79% due to lockdown
- Their new factories are ready to roll but auto companies slam on the brakes
- After Maruti, Ashok Leyland announces production shutdown for some plants
- Suzuki Jimny CKD Units Imported To India: MSIL Preparing For Launch
- Ford Australia ceases production: Timeline of the company's decades-long history in the country
- Bike Sales Report For July 2020 In India: Suzuki Motorcycles Register 37% Growth In Monthly Sales
- Top 5 Best Selling Car Manufacturers In May 2014
- Suzuki India Grow By 13 Percent
- Automakers forge technological alliances to set up capacity for manufacturing ventilators
- COVID-19 Pandemic: Toyota Registers Three New Positive Cases At Its Plant In Bidadi, Karnataka
- UK car production HALVED in June despite most factories being open - and 11,000 sector jobs have been cut in the first six months of 2020
- Bentley Bentayga Facelift Production Begins At Brand’s Crewe Facility
- Top 10 selling UVs: M&M down to 2 products in Jan from 5 last year
- Brazil manufacturers seek to skirt shutdowns as coronavirus surges
- Ford says restrictions at Mexico plants 'not sustainable'
- Nissan offers to postpone Barcelona plant closure, to talk on 'everything'
- Coronavirus cases surge among factory workers in post-lockdown India
- Jaguar Land Rover to move UK production of Discovery to Slovakia
- Virus scare: Fiat Chrysler to keep two Italian plants shut until Wednesday
Maruti Suzuki Shuts Down Manufacturing Plants & Starts Production Of Oxygen At Its Factories have 697 words, post on www.drivespark.com at April 28, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.