A majority of Brits believe professional football clubs in England should be owned by their fans, according to a new poll in the wake of the European Super League debacle. An exclusive survey conducted by Redfield & Wilton Strategies for MailOnline found 55 per cent of people believe it would be better if teams were owned by their fans, even if that meant clubs having less money to spend on players. Just 18 per cent of people do not think that fan ownership would be better while a quarter (26 per cent) said they did not know. An exclusive survey conducted by Redfield & Wilton Strategies for MailOnline found 55 per cent of people believe it would be better if teams were owned by their fans, even if that meant clubs having less money to spend on players Almost half of respondents said billionaire and multi-millionaire owners have been bad for the game RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next EXCLUSIVE Majority of Brits want the UK’s foreign travel ban… Fewer than 900 people in England are now getting ill with… Share this article Share Meanwhile, the poll also revealed that almost half of people – 47 per cent – believe that… Read full this story
- Vietnamese football clubs stripped of jersey sales
- A-list celebs who have invested in football clubs from Hollywood hunk Ryan Reynolds to One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson
- Football clubs across the country will have fans back in stadiums this season if we work together
- Wayne Rooney to return to English football as Derby County player-coach
- ‘Football should be an extended family’: the fans turning the tide on racism
- Racism in football: putting the boot in
- West Ham carrying out Covid tests after positives for Moyes and two players
- Why are there so few black football managers?
- Clubs may need to hire neurologists as part of plans to combat concussion
- Arsenal sign Atlético Madrid's Thomas Partey after paying £45m release clause
Majority of Brits want FANS to own top football clubs – even if it means they cannot pay as much for players have 309 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 22, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.