The mother of tragic Love Island star Sophie Gradon says the trauma of losing her daughter has left her with a brain tumour. Devastated Deborah says she is enduring a living nightmare without Sophie and every day is agony. But despite her pain she remains determined to tackle trolls after they made her daughter's life hell. Deborah, 62, says: "I don't want Sophie's death to be in vain. "We're looking here at the next destructive force within society and the Government needs to do more. If a beautiful, clever girl can be destroyed by public humiliation, then anyone can." Former Miss Great Britain Sophie, 32, took her own life in June 2018, after being bombarded with abuse when she appeared on the ITV2 reality show. Shaken Deborah tells how she managed Sophie's Twitter account when she first went into Love Island and was horrified by the level of abuse. She says: "One troll posted 'I hope you get cancer'. Another one said 'Look at Sophie's eyelashes. Aren't they pathetic? "The comments went from one extreme to another but I could see the impact they were having." After losing Sophie there was more heartache for Deborah when her daughter's dog Minnie… Read full this story
- 'I didn't conduct myself in the right way': Love Island's Sherif Lanre blames 'poor judgement' as he is KICKED OUT for breaking strict show rules
- Stabbed to death in his uniform: Catholic boys' school pupil, 15, was murdered as he got off bus outside McDonald's in first of two killings in five hours in Lawless London
- When you die ‘you KNOW you’re dead because your brain keeps working’, scientist claims
- Fearne Cotton EXCLUSIVE: Star recalls she was 'bolshy and highly flirty' and 'chatted from midnight until 7AM' the night she met husband Jesse Wood
- Call of Cthulhu Is A One-Way Ticket To Lovecraft Island
- 14 questions from Star Wars: The Force Awakens that The Last Jedi needs to answer
- The return of Star Wars: an evil empire in Jedi clothing?
- Gust’s Atelier Sophie and Nights of Azure released on PC
- How a lifelong diet of games influenced The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle
- World of Love: The RPS Panel (& Podcast)
Love Island star Sophie Gradon's mum says tragic death has left her with brain tumour have 380 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at April 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.