Malen, who is not short of suitors, has set the Eredivisie alight over the past two seasons – and, this season alone, he has netted 17 times with seven assists.
The Red’s face tough competition for the Dutchman’s signature – with Barcelona , AC Milan , and Juventus also interested – but Liverpool are reportedly in the driving seat, according to a report from Voetbal International .
The report states PSV could be looking to cash in on the youngster this summer: allowing Malen to leave for as a little as £25 million.
PSV have suffered financially due to the ongoing pandemic, and several first-team players could leave this summer to balance the books.
Malen burst onto the scene last year, scoring 14 goals in 11 games; he continued that form into this season – in both the Eredivisie and Europa League .
The youngster slipped through the fingers of Arsenal – where he spent two years in their academy – after they allowed him to leave for just £500,000 in 2018.
Divock Origi is widely expected to leave Anfield this summer, and Jurgen Klopp sees Malen as the ideal replacement – however, other names such as Odsonne Edouard have been mentioned.
Liverpool will be also be hoping that the Dutchman can reinvigorate The Red’s misfiring front three.
The report goes onto claim that Klopp is hoping Malen will challenge Roberto Firimino for the starting spot.
It wouldn’t be the first time Liverpool have gone to the Netherlands in search of a striker; they signed a certain Luis Suarez from Ajax back in 2011.
- Manchester City beat Liverpool to win League Cup
- Chelsea join Man Utd in transfer hunt for Arsenal star Aubameyang as £50m striker’s deal runs further down
- Xabi Alonso ‘begged everyone’ for Arsenal transfer in 2009 but Gunners messed up deal leaving pal Fabregas annoyed
- Arsenal and Tottenham set for Dejan Lovren transfer battle but face competition from Lazio for Liverpool defender
- Premier League: Manchester United Beat Arsenal, Jose Mourinho Hopes To Face Arsene Wenger Again
- Manchester United want Liverpool target
- Arsenal consider re-signing former striker in Summer: A risk worth taking?
- Arsenal star William Saliba suffering injuries which are halting his young career but is still shining at Saint-Etienne
- Portsmouth 0-2 Arsenal: Sokratis and Eddie Nketiah take Gunners to FA Cup quarter-finals
- Ex-Liverpool ace Cole says Prem season should be scrapped if it can’t be finished – even if it denies old club the title
- How Everton could look after January transfer window with James Rodriguez and Meret replacing Sigurdsson and Pickford
- Liverpool moves 25 points clear by beating Bournemouth 2-1
- Premier League end-of-season awards: From Hazard’s wondergoal and fantastic Man City to the shambles at Man Utd and Fulham
- Reality kicks in... Premier League stars are training with VR headsets to keep themselves sharp during coronavirus shutdown, and our reporter was run ragged by Kylian Mbappe after giving the tech a try!
- Rumour Has It: PSG and Manchester United eye Aubameyang
- Grand National 2013: Auroras Encore wins – as it happened
- Man Utd and England fans want Henderson as No1 as weekend gaffes confirm De Gea and Pickford as Prem’s dodgiest keepers
- Man Utd ready to hijack Real Madrid’s transfer for Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man Utd ready to hijack Real Madrid’s transfer for Ajax star Donny van de Beek
- Most expensive Generation Z stars in Europe revealed as Sancho tops list on £186m… nearly DOUBLE Haaland in second
Liverpool 'leading race' to sign £25m Arsenal flop - who could replace Divock Origi have 592 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.