Kylie Minogue says she is relieved she did not rise to fame in the age of social media. The pop star, 52, told PA news agency: “I have tried to put my teenage self into the modern frame and to be honest, I can’t imagine how I would, or wouldn’t, have handled it. “It can be such a wonderful source of connect but, as we all know now, it isn’t always easy.” Minogue recently became the first female artist to top the UK album charts in five consecutive decades . While she would “never have imagined this” at the start of her career, the former Neighbours actress said it is “truly heart-warming and mind-blowing to feel like I’ve been on the right path”. Advertisement Minogue released her latest album, Disco, last year, with plans for the tour put on hold due to lockdown. The singer said she has missed performing and working with her team – and that when the time comes to get back on the road, she will “love every second of it”. More from Kylie Minogue Michael Gudinski: Kylie Minogue, Bruce Springsteen and Russell Crowe lead tributes to Australian music industry ‘legend’ Kylie Minogue says she is… Read full this story
- Nick Cave at All Points East: Kylie Minogue joins legendary showman on-stage in Victoria Park
- 'I'm a hormonal mess but it's worth it'
- Going to see Steps at Doncaster's Keepmoat Stadium? Here's EVERYTHING you need to know
- XXXTentacion dead – Murdered rapper’s distraught ex claims fans kicked her out of memorial and burned her tributes
- Defining the Heisei Era, part 2: Hangover
- Massive and toxic algae bloom threatens Florida coasts with another lost summer
Kylie Minogue: I'm relieved I didn't find fame in the age of social media have 273 words, post on news.sky.com at April 12, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.