KATE Garraway likened husband Derek’s return home to bringing back a newborn for the first time. Hosting Good Morning Britain today alongside Susanna Reid, Kate revealed she was “overwhelmed and over the moon” to have Derek home after his year-long hospital stay. She said: “I want to thank you so much for your incredible messages. Derek came home Wednesday evening. We sort of feel over the moon and overwhelmed in equal measure. It is quite an overwhelming responsibility. “Do you remember the day you bring home your firstborn, and you’ve been planning for nine months, you get home and think ‘what the heck do we do now?’ Completely overwhelming and wonderful.” Derek was left in a coma for months after being ravaged by coronavirus complications that caused his organs to shut down. It is hoped the return home and the regular stimulation of his family will help aid Derek’s recovery. Kate continued: “And they [kids] have been absolutely loving it and been really helpful. It’s been great actually. I’ve noticed a bit of deferring like ‘shall we check in with dad’. “We’ve got an alarm, system and some support – people there to help because I’m certainly not a doctor…. Read full this story
- Kate Garraway's husband proposed again after I'm A Celeb as she becomes sex symbol at 52
- Kate Garraway reveals her husband Derek Draper proposed for a SECOND time following her I'm A Celebrity stint
- Good Morning Britain's Ben Shephard shares video of flirty exchange with Kate Garraway
- 'HumWapasAayenge': Kashmiri Pandits' tweets pledge to return home
- A doggy debut! Meghan Markle's black Labrador Oz is pictured for the first time as she steps out for a stroll - but will she now reunite with Bogart who she left behind in Canada?
- Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton 'feud' has a familiar script for Royal watchers
- Charles is 'hurt' after giving millions of his OWN cash to Meghan and Harry: Prince used private income to furnish couple's home and pay for wedding to 'help embrace daughter-in-law into family'
- Exclusive: Evelyn Yang reveals she was sexually assaulted by her OB-GYN while pregnant
- Kate Ferdinand strolls along a sun-drenched pier hand-in-hand with husband Rio in throwback snap... as she vows to 'enjoy the moment' more
- Lindsay Lohan Realizes Her Parents Were the Enemy the Whole Time
Kate Garraway likens Derek’s return home to bringing back a newborn for the first time as she’s left ‘overwhelmed’ have 383 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 12, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.