A Jack Russell, who had been missing for three days, has been rescued by a search volunteer and his own pet dog. The Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) and coastguards were called to Skinningrove in North Yorkshire last week, after the terrier’s owner was reported missing, along with his dog. The man was found on Friday using thermal technology in an operation that involved police, mountain rescue and members of the public. Rescuers couldn’t find the little pet at the time, but RNLI volunteer Ed Thomas had more luck when he returned to the site on Monday. He said: “When the search finished on Friday night, of course we were delighted to have found the missing man. But the fact his dog was missing left a real bittersweet taste.” Advertisement Despite “fearing the worst”, Mr Thomas took his dog, Olly, for a walk in the direction of the rescue. The pair managed to locate the frightened Jack Russell trapped under rocks, when Olly reacted to a nearby bark. More from North Yorkshire Our Yorkshire Farm: TV shepherd Amanda Owen delivered eighth child on floor – with dog as ‘birthing partner’ as husband slept COVID-19: Couple and child rescued after camping… Read full this story
- Inside Bucks Fizz's rock n roll lifestyle - drink, drugs and trashed hotel rooms
- Cambodian soldiers, divers scour island for missing Brit tourist
- Murdered PSCO Julia James’ family hail her as ‘fiercely loyal’ and say her ‘loss will be felt every moment of every day’
- George Russell sorry for 'very bad judgement call' after Valtteri Bottas crash, but says Mercedes relationship not damaged
- Rugby: Lions main squad inclusion would be 'amazing' for Russell
- Sam Simmonds, Bundee Aki, Jack Conan, Jonny Hill named in 37-man British and Irish Lions squad for South Africa series
- GMA’s Michael Strahan rocks tiny rainbow shorts in epic childhood photo - fans say the same thing
- ‘Tiny Tim: King for a Day’ Gives the 1960s Musical Eccentric the Royal Treatment
- Devastated uncle says murdered PCSO 'taken from us by worthless cowardly monster'
- Inconsolable mother 'accused of murdering son' slams 'villains' over mystery letter
Jack Russell found trapped under rocks three days after it went missing have 346 words, post on news.sky.com at April 14, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.