Kate Garraway has shared glimpses inside her North London home which has now undergone a major renovation to make it accessible for her husband Derek Draper after his return from hospital. The former political lobbyist spent a year under the care of doctors following his devastating battle with coronavirus , but he has now finally returned to his wife and two kids Darcey and Billy. Before getting the green light form doctors, Good Morning Britain presenter Kate, 53, set about completely renovating the ground floor – adding a downstairs bedroom, a wet room and wheelchair ramps for her husband. In her documentary Finding Derek, Kate revealed she had added a hospital bed to the downstairs room and she planned to sleep in the room alongside him so they could be together. At the time, Kate explained: “‘At the moment what we’re doing, we’ve got an occupational therapist that deals with the lay out of the home, looking at putting in a wet room – basically, ground floor living. “He’ll either be on a stretcher or a wheelchair. And also they’re trying to figure out how to put a lift in the garden.” The television star also revealed that she had… Read full this story
- Inside Kate Garraway’s husband Derek Draper’s nightmare year in hospital as he reaches grim milestone today
- Kate Garraway's husband Derek Draper returns home to continue his recovery
- Kate Garraway's husband Derek Draper's year in hospital as kids only got to see him once
- Ben Shephard breaks down in tears live on GMB as Kate Garraway’s husband Derek Draper returns home after Covid battle
- Kate Garraway reveals husband Derek Draper's sweet reaction to new dress
- Kate Garraway managing husband Derek Draper's business affairs while he's in hospital
- Kate Garraway brought husband Derek Draper home as his 'recovery was stalling'
- Kate Garraway’s husband Derek Draper is ‘unresponsive’ to her speaking every night as he battles coronavirus
- Kate Garraway’s husband Derek Draper told her ‘I love you forever and a day’ as he battles back to health
Inside Kate Garraway's peaceful sanctuary as Derek Draper finally comes home have 335 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at April 14, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.