ARSENAL issued a grovelling apology to fans after the Prem’s Big Six sensationally quit the European Super League on a historic night for football. But club legend Ian Wright is not satisfied and has called for controversial owner Stan Kroenke to walk in the wake of mass fan outrage. Gunners chiefs admitted they shot themselves in the foot in an open letter to fans. It read: “The last few days have shown us yet again the depth of feeling our supporters around the world have for this great club and the game we love. “We needed no reminding of this but the response from supporters in recent days has given us time for further reflection and deep thought. “It was never our intention to cause such distress, however when the invitation to join the Super League came, while knowing there were no guarantees, we did not want to be left behind to ensure we protected Arsenal and its future. “As a result of listening to you and the wider football community over recent days we are withdrawing from the proposed Super League. We made a mistake, and we apologise for it. “We know it will take time to restore your… Read full this story
- Arsenal's problems lie with Kroenke's ownership rather than Arteta
- Fears grow for football season and Olympics as coronavirus spreads
- 6pm Chelsea transfer news LIVE: Declan Rice latest, David Alaba competition, Emerson loan, Kai Havertz criticism
- The 25 best Netflix thrillers to watch right now
- 'We've taken back control': Boris Johnson hails historic 'Canada-style' trade deal with the EU saying the UK is master of its own 'destiny' again as propaganda war rages with No10 claiming victory - but Ursula von der Leyen says Brussels was 'strong'
- Dirk van Duijvenbode reflects on his remarkable rise as he targets World Championship redemption
- Strictly Come Dancing 2020: Boxer Nicola Adams makes history as she joins the line-up in FIRST same-sex pairing alongside GMB's Ranvir Singh and DJ Clara Amfo
- FMIA Week 15: How Buffalo Built Its Way Back To The Top Of The AFC East
- From Bake Off woes to Zoom fiascos: 2020 in lists
Ian Wright calls for Stan Kroenke to quit as Arsenal issue grovelling apology to fans after European Super League KO have 346 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 21, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.