Actor Damian Lewis has revealed his dying wife joked about him moving on and told their children “I want Daddy to have lots of girlfriends”. In a heartfelt tribute, Lewis described Helen McCrory as “a meteor in our life”, following her death at the age of 52. He said her “most exquisite act of bravery and generosity” was to “normalise” her death. “She’s shown no fear, no bitterness, no self-pity, only armed us with the courage to go on and insisted that no one be sad, because she is happy,” said Lewis. The actress was best known for playing powerful women such as Shelby family matriarch Aunt Polly in the BBC gang drama Peaky Blinders , Narcissa Malfoy in the Harry Potter films and the home secretary in James Bond film Skyfall. Advertisement Lewis, who married McCrory in 2007, said in the weeks before her death she had joked about his future relationships with women. “She said to us from her bed, ‘I want Daddy to have girlfriends, lots of them, you must all love again, love isn’t possessive, but you know, Damian, try at least to get though the funeral without snogging someone’,” he said. More from Damian Lewis… Read full this story
- Jeff Ross Explains the 10 Best Jokes From Comedy Central’s
- Kate Garraway pays tribute to husband Derek Draper after spending her first birthday in 16 years without him as he continues to battle COVID-19 in hospital
- Laurence Fox reveals he was DUMPED by his half-Kuwaiti girlfriend Sara McKinnon over Question Time race rant and admits brother-in-law Richard Ayoade was 'furious'
- Ask Amy: Husband worries about wife’s DEFCON reactions
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik are having a girl! Pregnant model tells friends happy news after 25th birthday doubled as a gender reveal
- Victoria Beckham celebrates her 46th birthday with husband David and their children by enjoying a delicious cake in their Cotswolds mansion... as DJ pal Fat Tony hosts a 'virtual party' on Instagram Live
- Kent State Shootings: A Lot of People Were Crying, and the Guard Walked Away
- Apprentice star Thomas Skinner and his girlfriend are expecting first baby together
- In ‘Girlfriends,’ women get the pain, laughs, no Botox
- 'Our hearts bleed for her': Parents of fallen police officer killed in Melbourne truck crash say he and his girlfriend 'were perfect for one another' - as they reveal their own 'breathtaking' grief
Helen McCrory joked about husband Damian Lewis moving on and having 'lots of girlfriends' have 386 words, post on news.sky.com at April 18, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.