Greta Thunberg has changed her Twitter description to “bunny hugger” in an apparent dig at Boris Johnson who used the phrase at a virtual global summit on climate change. It came just hours after the British prime minister addressed the virtual climate summit held for Earth Day on Thursday. During his speech Mr Johnson spoke of how climate action could help create jobs and aid in the global recovery from the coronavirus pandemic. The prime minister said that “it’s vital for all of us to show that this is not all about some expensive, politically correct green act of bunny hugging”. He added: “This is about growth and jobs. And I think the president was absolutely right to stress that.” Advertisement Earlier in the day, climate activist Ms Thunberg, 18, posted a video to social media which said that the targets set by world leaders were “very insufficient”. She also said that leaders’ “bull****” on the issue was the biggest elephant in the room. More from Boris Johnson Number 10 ‘sources’ accuse Dominic Cummings of leaking Boris Johnson’s texts with Dyson and Saudi crown prince Concerns as Cabinet Secretary Simon Case oversees fallout from Boris Johnson’s Downing St refurbishment Boris… Read full this story
- Greta Thunberg changes Twitter name to 'Sharon' after Mastermind blooper
- Greta Thunberg gives Donald Trump death stare after emotional climate speech
- Why has Greta Thunberg changed her Twitter handle to Sharon? Casualty star Amanda Henderson was the inspiration
- Greta Thunberg's mum is a famous Swedish opera singer who competed in Eurovision
- Greta Thunberg fires back at critics who called her 'mentally ill Swedish child'
- Greta Thunberg plays a sport, changes Twitter name to 'Sharon' after British star fails to identify her in quiz show
- 'Climate Crisis House of Cards': Users Mock Greta Thunberg's Reply to Claim She's Been 'Brainwashed'
- Rep. Maxine Waters thought she was talking to Greta Thunberg. It was actually Russian trolls.
- Meat Loaf doesn’t believe in climate change and says Greta Thunberg has been ‘brainwashed’ into thinking it’s real
- The Last Leg gets Ofcom complaints over Rosie Jones' 'disgusting' Greta Thunberg joke
Greta Thunberg changes Twitter bio to 'bunny hugger' after Boris Johnson's climate summit remarks have 344 words, post on news.sky.com at April 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.