The first ever female jockey has won the Grand National. Rachael Blackmore has made history at the Aintree course, riding Minella Times to victory. Three weeks ago, she became the first woman to finish as the leading jockey at the prestigious Cheltenham Festival and on Saturday took the race all riders want to win. She said “I just cannot believe it… I am so lucky to be riding him and I just can’t believe we have won the Grand National!” The monument was described by pundits as “one of the greatest moments in the sport”. Advertisement A jubilant Blackmore laughed: “I don’t feel male or female right now – I don’t even feel human! It’s just unbelievable.” More from Grand National Grand National: Rachael Blackmore will surely not be the last woman to ride into the winner’s enclosure Grand National: Could Saturday be Aintree’s new Ladies’ Day with the first female jockey win? Grand National 2021: 10 runners and riders to watch for Aintree race Coronavirus: 12 cancelled events we’ll be missing out on this summer Coronavirus: 12 cancelled events we’ll be missing out on Tiger Roll to Lake View Lad: 10 to follow at the Grand National How it… Read full this story
- Galway Festival tips: Eamonn Hames’ top betting preview for Saturday’s racing
- Sputnik Intelligent Punter's Guide to the York Ebor Racing Festival
- Full text: Nikki Haley, Tim Scott close out first night of Republican National Convention
- Zach Osborne scores his first Pro Motocross 450 win at Loretta Lynn’s
- 2016 in review - November: Cubs win World Series, Steven Gerrard retires and Nico Rosberg becomes F1 champion
- 'He will tear down democracy to win.' Barack Obama flames Donald Trump for narcissism, conspiracy theories, corruption and laziness and calls his presidency a 'reality show for the attention he craves' as he pleads with people to vote for Joe Biden
- Coronavirus: Russia unveils Covid-19 vaccine, claiming victory in global race
- FNC’s Carlson: If Biden Wins, Kamala ‘Effectively Will Become the President’
- Chaotic race for university places amid mass confusion over appeals process: Scramble to challenge thousands of A-level grades before clearing deadline after 40% of exams are downgraded from recommended marks
- Don Jr. says this election is 'church, work and school vs. rioting, looting and vandalism' - while Kimberly Guilfoyle attacks Biden and his 'socialist comrades' who will 'fundamentally change this nation'
Grand National: Rachael Blackmore, onboard Minella Times, becomes first female jockey to win historic race have 388 words, post on news.sky.com at April 10, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.