Some newsreaders have been wearing black following the announcement of the Prince's death as they are following a royal protocol, as well as showing their respects.
Plans had been laid out in Operation Forth Bridge and stated the country entered a state of national mourning when the royal's death was confirmed.
Kate, however, wore a blue dress while her co-host Susanna sported a purple ensemble – and this was one step too far, apparently.
Disgruntled viewers took issue with the presenters' outfits of choice and branded them 'disrespectful' for not wearing black.
'I CANT BELIEVE THE STAFF ARE NOT WEARING BLACK AS A SIGN OF RESPECT', screamed one.
Echoing a similar sentiment, another fumed: 'How disrespectful not in black! Switching off yet again.'
Another, however, pointed out the absurdity.
'Why should the presenters be wearing black?' they asked. 'The old boy passed last week and as much as it's sad for the family and those who really knew him, life goes on for the rest of us and I think after the last year we've all done enough mourning of our own don't you?'
Following the news of the Prince's death last week, the BBC cleared its schedule and instead aired news specials discussing the royal's life.
The corporation established a complaints form on its website dedicated to complaints about 'too much Prince Philip coverage' on Friday evening, after its decision to wipe the schedule seemed to anger many viewers.
The Duke of Edinburgh will be buried on Saturday at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, and his funeral will be attended by just 30 close relatives due to coronavirus restrictions.
The Queen and Philip's children and grandchildren are expected to attend but their great-grandchildren may have to stay at home.
Metro.co.uk has contacted ITV for comment.
Good Morning Britain airs weekdays at 6am on ITV.
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected] , calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- Piers Morgan seen back on Good Morning Britain as he begs fans to vote for him at NTAs
- What will Piers Morgan do next after quitting Good Morning Britain?
- Martin Lewis tells Susanna Reid ‘don’t pull a face at me’ as she questions his decision not to wear a tie on Good Morning Britain
- Piers Morgan back on Good Morning Britain petition reaches 20,000 signatures and climbing
- Piers Morgan claims he ‘wasn’t allowed an opinion’ on Meghan Markle in first TV interview since Good Morning Britain exit
- Who will replace Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain?
- Good Morning Britain: Susanna Reid's new co-host announced as Martin Lewis
- Good Morning Britain named UK’s most complained about TV show in past 5 years
- Piers Morgan drops out of Good Morning Britain as he's tested for coronavirus
- Susanna Reid set to have female co-host if Piers Morgan doesn’t return to Good Morning Britain
- Good Morning Britain thrown into chaos as Laura Tobin is forced off air and Charlotte Hawkins stands in
- Piers Morgan’s blistering response to Richard Madeley eyeing up Good Morning Britain job
- Piers Morgan prepares for Good Morning Britain comeback amid latest rating figures release
- Martin Lewis apologises over 'touch and go' presenting struggles on Good Morning Britain
- Piers Morgan set for Good Morning Britain return, Lorraine Kelly insists 'I have no doubt'
- Father’s Day: Piers Morgan’s son Spencer mocks his Good Morning Britain walk out in savage card
- Good Morning Britain's Alex Beresford becomes 'emotional' at Diana's childhood home
- Prince Philip was ’extremely distressed’ by Meghan and Harry’s behaviour, claims Lady C
- Left-wing activist sparks Twitter storm with 'classless' jibes after Prince Philip's death
- Prince Philip funeral: 15 guests rally around Queen at home on saddest day of reign
Good Morning Britain viewers are actually slamming ‘disrespectful’ presenters for not wearing black following Prince Philip’s death have 708 words, post on metro.co.uk at April 12, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.