The average level of coronavirus infection has dropped sharply across the UK, according to the latest data. In a trend described as “encouraging” by statisticians, the percentage of people testing positive for COVID-19 has fallen across all the home nations and the number of infections per population is also tumbling. Around one in 480 people in England are estimated to have had coronavirus in the week ending 10 April, down from one in 340 the previous week, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said. It is the lowest figure since the week to 19 September last year. Live COVID updates from UK and around world Advertisement In Scotland, this figure is one in 500, down from one in 410, and in Wales it is one in 920, down from one in 800. Northern Ireland is estimated to have one infection per 710 people – a huge seven-day drop from one in 300. More from Covid COVID-19: Indian double mutation variant arrives in Britain and has ‘hallmarks of very dangerous virus’ COVID news live – latest updates: New UK infection figures revealed – as leading expert offers reassurance over mutant variant cluster COVID news live – latest updates: Tiny number of… Read full this story
- Phone location data could be used to help UK coronavirus effort
- Coronavirus cases have dropped sharply in South Korea. What’s the secret to its success?
- China sends doctors and masks overseas as domestic coronavirus infections drop
- UK must go into coronavirus LOCKDOWN: Boris Johnson orders Brits to work from home, keep out of pubs and clubs and tells the whole country to stop all 'non-essential' social contact
- 'When pandemics hit, the rulebooks go out the window': Experts warn using smartphone location data to track the spread of coronavirus could pave the way for greater public surveillance in the future
- COVID-19 and the great Chinese puzzle
- BT SCRAPS data caps for customers with limited internet plans as millions of Britons work from home amid coronavirus outbreak
- UK's coronavirus death toll jumps to 71 as 45-year-old becomes Britain's youngest victim after hospitals diagnose 407 MORE patients taking the UK total to 1,950
- COVID-19 pandemic | Now is the right time for a ‘Helicopter Drop’ of money in India
- Caprice gets into FURIOUS row with medical expert over coronavirus on Jeremy Vine Show as she shares views on how best to halt pandemic's spread
Experts hail 'encouraging' data as level of COVID infection drops sharply across UK have 371 words, post on news.sky.com at April 16, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.