Ed Woodward has stepped down as executive vice-chairman of Manchester United. The move comes amid fury at plans to create a European Super League featuring six English teams, including Manchester United, and other top clubs from Spain and Italy. All Premier League clubs involved in the ESL – Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham – have now pulled out of the breakaway competition . It leaves just Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Inter Milan and Juventus still involved. Mr Woodward, 49, took the job at Old Trafford in 2013 and played a key role in the controversial project. Advertisement He had been singled out for criticism over the new league by the head of UEFA, Aleksander Ceferin. Mr Woodward had already agreed to leave the post at the end of this year, but the announcement has been brought forward, according to Sky Sports News. More from European Super League Victory for fans as all six English teams pull out of European Super League European Super League: Boris Johnson likens planned football competition to a ‘cartel’ European Super League: Premier League rejects plans as PM says ‘no action is off the table’ European Super League: Mixed… Read full this story
- Man Utd chief Ed Woodward makes Declan Rice transfer decision as West Ham set asking price
- Manchester United Fans Went Full Arsenal With This Fly-Over Banner
- What if Manchester United kept David Moyes for his entire six-year contract?
- Who is behind Manchester United's transfer business?
- General Motors CEO Fritz Henderson steps down; Chairman Ed Whitacre steps in
- Tebas or not Tebas? That is the question for the Premier League
- General Motors CEO Ed Whitacre: We'll pay back bailout money by June
- Man Utd news: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer axing ONE player proved his transfer plans - Ferdinand
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reveals his first thought after taking over at Man Utd
- Volkswagen Wants an Industry Standard on Self-Driving Cars for More Legal Protections When They Crash
European Super League: Ed Woodward steps down as executive vice-chairman of Manchester United have 316 words, post on news.sky.com at April 21, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.