The trailer for romcom Wild Mountain Thyme went viral last year after the film was widely mocked on social media for its Irish clichés and the stars’ accents. Rather than gushing over the beautiful landscape or the touching love story at the film’s heart, all anyone could talk about was the thick Irish brogue rolled out across the teaser . However, the film’s leading stars Emily Blunt and Jamie Dornan aren’t too worried, telling Sky News they’re “not going to lose any sleep” over the mocking. “It’s kind of par for the course, I’m from Ireland and we’re known for taking the p*** pretty much out of everything – it almost comes with the territory,” said Dornan. “I think that’s fine, and at the end of the day, everyone’s going to have their opinion. We are doing the accents that we planned to do.” The 38-year-old actor, who is from Northern Ireland, went on: “There’s so many dialects based on a very small island and I get the p*** taken out of me for the way I sound all the time, just as me. A lot of people don’t understand me all the time, and that’s fine. That’s something I’ve… Read full this story
- Schrager’s latest mock: Which QB will get left out of the first round?
- NFL mock draft: Which QB gets left out of first round?
- Post-Combine NFL mock draft: Who’s rising and who’s falling?
- 10 years since ‘Bush Push’: USC, Irish players remember rivalry’s defining moment
- Stars lose heartbreaker to Red Wings in OT
- Wild allow Stars rally, lose in OT
- Here’s how the entire top 10 could lose in the NCAA tourney’s first weekend
- Keselowski still taking long road toward respect in NASCAR
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Active Review: A Smartphone You Can Take Outside
- Top 20 comebacks in UFC history
Emily Blunt and Jamie Dornan 'not losing any sleep' over mocking of Irish accents in Wild Mountain Thyme have 314 words, post on news.sky.com at April 14, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.