More than 32 million people in the UK have had a first dose coronavirus vaccine, new stats show. A total of 32,010, 244 have had one dose – and almost 7 million (6,991,310) have received both, Department of Health figures have revealed. The number of people who have died within 28 days of a positive COVID test in the past 24 hours is 40, bringing the UK total to 127,080. The government also said that, as of 9am on Saturday, there had been a further 2,589 lab-confirmed cases in the UK, which bring the total to 4,368,045. Between 4 April and 10 April 18,970 people had a confirmed positive test result, which is a decrease of -32.0% compared to the previous seven days. Advertisement Ministers had said they aimed to offer the vaccine to everyone aged over 50 and all adults in at-risk groups – some 32 million people – by 15 April. Thursday saw a record number of people having their second dose – 449,269. More from Covid COVID news live – latest updates: UK on course to smash first dose vaccination target – as France likely to stop giving second doses of AstraZeneca jab to under-55s COVID news… Read full this story
- Ban on pupils who didn't get measles jab 'not ruled out'
- Three men jailed for kicking pigs in face and jabbing with pitchforks
- German family to donate millions after hearing extent of Nazi past
- MILLIONS of pills: 60 doctors & pharmacists caught up in largest federal opioid bust in US history
- Extra £140 million in funding for Northern Ireland in next budget
- Breedon Group revenues jump 32%
- Teenager needs 32 stitches after being stabbed at east Belfast house party
- Record 32.7 million people in work as jobless rate falls to 3.9%
- Surge in full-time jobs and self-employment sees record 32.7m in work
- OPA: $19.8 million overdue patient bills remain uncollected
COVID 19: More than 32 million have had first jab - and almost 7 million have received both doses have 277 words, post on news.sky.com at April 10, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.