A comedy club in Liverpool has withdrawn from a trial that would test how venues could open safely without social distancing, citing “confusing messaging” from the government. The Hot Water Comedy Club’s two-hour event was due to be held at the city’s M&S Bank Arena Auditorium on 16 April, with COVID-19 screening using lateral flow tests before and after. It would have been the first venue to host an event as part of the government’s official test scheme , which also includes the FA Cup final at Wembley and the World Snooker Championship at the Crucible in Sheffield . But the Liverpool club has now pulled out and cancelled the 300-person occasion, saying the government failed to clarify whether it would involve so-called COVID vaccine passports. The club insisted it has never agreed to be involved in a vaccine passport trial. It also says it has been subjected to an online “hate campaign”. Advertisement Co-owner Binty Blair said he had tried to contact the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) to ask whether such passports will be trialled in the pilot, but to no avail. However, the government confirmed on Tuesday evening there will be no requirement for… Read full this story
- Troubled Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is facing uncertain future at Liverpool after breaching betting rules
- With Liverpool squad enjoying each other's company we pick out three friendships brewing at Merseyside.
- Will Liverpool Finally Take the Next Step—and How Do They Grow from Here?
- Qatar to host 2019 and 2020 FIFA Club World Cups
- European Club Rankings After April 5-7 Matches
- Liverpool vs Bayern Munich predicted line-ups
- Auto News and Events – Good Finds
- 2019 sporting calendar: Our writers select the best events of the year ahead
- ‘Special’ Anfield is new Magic Weekend host
- Comparison: Hennessey Camaro HPE650 vs SpeedFactory Challenger SRT8 vs Shelby GT500 Super Snake
COVID-19: Liverpool comedy club cancels test event over 'confusing' government messaging have 304 words, post on news.sky.com at April 7, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.