PUBS are preparing to finally reopen tomorrow for the first time this year. Non-essential shops, hairdressers and theme parks, as well as restaurants with outdoor space, reopen in England on Monday. A legal loophole means even pubs without gardens can fling open their doors to customers. Pubs, bars, restaurants and cafes can utilise any outdoor space available to them as a makeshift drinking and dining area – an initiative first mooted last June. Pub-goers will be able to soak up the sun in beer gardens across the UK, with a 'mini-heatwave' expected. It comes as the single-dose Janssen vaccine is set to be approved in DAYS with the UK’s fourth Covid jab expected to help widen the rollout to under-50s. A decision by the health regulator is expected to be made within the next ten days – with the Government having already ordered 30 million doses of the lifesaving jab. Coronavirus cases in the UK have dropped by 24 per cent with 2,589 daily infections recorded on Saturday. The latest figures show 40 deaths have been registered in the past 24 hours. Meanwhile, transport secretary Grant Shapps has insisted foreign holidays will be able to resume “safely and sustainably” under new… Read full this story
- When S.F. gave Emporium, and its Santa, a final Christmas farewell
- Portuguese PM promises more reforms; European car sales growth slows - business live
- Life after James
- What does Britishness mean to you?
- NSA files – David Miranda launches high court challenge
- Ukraine crisis: Kerry says Russia 'hiding hand behind falsehoods'
- Tara Palmer-Tomkinson 'predicted her own death' as its revealed she was £200,000 in debt after her women’s fashion line racked up huge overheads
- The Theresa May story: The Tory leader brought down by Brexit
- 2020: who and what to look out for
- Budget 2015: the verdict from our columnists
Coronavirus news UK LIVE – Final day of tough restrictions before pubs reopen, as UK’s fourth COVID jab to be approved have 293 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 11, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.