Britain’s daily Covid deaths have halved in a week — while infections have risen slightly, official figures revealed today. Department of Health chiefs posted 13 more lab-confirmed victims after recording just seven yesterday — which was the first time the daily fatality count was in single figures since September. For comparison, 26 deaths were registered on Easter Monday. Government statisticians today also added another 3,568 positive tests to the official tally, up 29 per cent on last week’s figure of 2,762. The rise may be explained by the fact last week was Easter Sunday. Experts have previously noted testing numbers dip on public holidays due to the way swabs are recorded and because fewer people come forward for them. There is also a chance the uptick has been caused by No10’s easing of restrictions on March 29. Academics have warned cases will inevitably rise when restrictions are eased but because millions of people have been vaccinated against the coronavirus, the NHS shouldn’t be overwhelmed. It came as hardy drinkers shrugged off blizzards to enjoy a pint in chilly beer gardens, as millions celebrated the ‘Glorious Twelfth’ in style, while council killjoys forced the closure of some outdoor seating areas and… Read full this story
- Pope Declares Death Penalty Inadmissible in All Cases
- Fantasy football: Week 13 starters, benchwarmers
- Week 13 fantasy football takeaways: Jets, Chiefs fill up the stat sheet
- Golden State Killer suspect faces new murder charge. That makes 13 victims linked to Joseph DeAngelo.
- Leistikow's Week 13 B1G picks: The magic number for Iowa, Akrum Wadley at Nebraska
- Fresno County DA might seek death penalty for 18-year-old suspect in double homicide
- Who Is Israa al-Ghomgham? Female Saudi Activist May Be Beheaded After Death Sentence
- Pope to Jeff Landry: Death penalty is always wrong. Period
- Schenectady cop in prisoner death case put on unpaid leave, officials confirm
- Woman murdered days after moving to Exeter mobile home wouldn't be alleged killer's first victim
Britain's daily Covid deaths HALVE in a week with 13 more victims - while cases go up by 29% to 3,568 have 308 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 12, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.