Amazon has opened its third checkout-free grocery store in the UK as the online retail giant continues its move into the high street. The new Amazon Fresh store is located in London's White City and uses the same "just walk out" tech as its other two shops. Amazon opened its first store in Ealing in March this year, followed by its second opening in Wembley Park. All its stores in London have technology in place that lets customers pick up items and walk out of the store without using a till. Instead of interacting with staff, cameras monitor what items shoppers pick up and take out of the store. Their Amazon account is then charged when they leave. Shoppers have to scan a QR code to get into the stores, which links up to their Amazon account. You do not need to be signed up to Amazon Prime to shop in its Fresh stores, but you do need to have an Amazon account. Amazon confirmed last month that it would be opening a number of branches in London under its Fresh branding, although it has not revealed exact numbers or locations. The new shop in White City will be open… Read full this story
- Amazon’s first Fresh grocery store opens with high-tech Dash shopping carts
- Amazon opens its first Fresh grocery store
- This major grocery chain is testing fully contactless checkout—just walk out when you’re done
- Amazon delivery man caught urinating against recently bereaved family's garage
- 'Alexa, what aisle is the milk in?' Amazon is opening a new grocery store filled with smart devices
- Supermarket deliveries: how UK services stack up for price and choice
- Waitrose opening hours for August Bank Holiday Monday
- Amazon's latest grocery store concept opens, with high-tech carts
- Amazon launch sale on range of electronics - perfect for back to school
- August Bank Holiday opening hours: What time are Asda, Tesco, Aldi, Lidl and more open?
Amazon opens third store in the UK where you just walk out with your shopping have 319 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at April 16, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.