THE WORLD’S first space hotel will open its doors to cash-flushed guests from 2027. The Voyager Class space station will host up to 400 people and feature bars, cinemas, restaurants and even a gym. Orbital Assembly Corporation (OAC), the US company behind the bonkers project, has announced that it will begin construction in 2025. The station will be a large metal ring built in orbit around Earth that will rotate to generate artificial gravity. Pods attached to the outside of the station can be hired out by tourists as well as scientists working on space research. “The station will be designed from the start to accommodate both national space agencies conducting low gravity research and space tourists who want to experience life on a large space station with the comfort of low gravity and the feel of a nice hotel,” according to the OAC website. Construction costs have yet to be revealed by the company, which is based in Rancho Cucamonga, California. According to the OAC website, the hotel will orbit the Earth roughly every 90 minutes. Its gentle rotation will generate a low level of artificial gravity that mimics the forces felt on the surface of the Moon. Rooms… Read full this story
- Hotels design chic, social conference rooms to lure new business
- Vacation aboard planned space hotel to cost $1 million [video]
- Bar, Game Room, One-Of-A-Kind Kitchen In Elmhurst Stunner
- Security and Microsoft take center stage as Mobile World Congress 2015 opens
- Hotel Opening In Japan This Summer
- Career Spotlight: What I Do as a Bar Owner
- Career Spotlight: What I Do as a Hotel Manager
- What Can (and Can't) You Take from Hotel Rooms?
- Hotel Won't Open on Schedule Thanks to Nearby Church
- Stay at a New, Unreviewed Hotel for Great Service That’s Also Affordable
World’s first SPACE hotel opening in 2027 with bars, gym and room for 400 guests have 287 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.