The heartbroken family of a sergeant killed during a training exercise has paid tribute to a dad who made his family proud every day of their lives. The wife of 35-year-old Gavin Hillier, who died on Thursday in “non-operational training incident” in Pembrokeshire, said his legacy would live on through his two sons, reports Wales Online. While Mr Hillier’s mum said he had made ‘her proud from the day he was born’. A police probe investigating the circumstances which led up to Mr Hillier’s death at the Castlemartin tank range has now been launched. During his Army career Sergeant Hillier was deployed to Afghanistan, Iraq and Kosovo, and in 2019 was awarded the Long Service and Good Conduct medal by the colonel of the regiment, Prince Charles . At the time of his death, he was serving as the motor transport colour sergeant. The guardsman’s wife, Karyn, and sons Declan and Connor paid tribute to him , saying: “I thank you for the day you came into my life and made me your wife and became the father to our two beautiful boys. “We are absolutely heartbroken and can’t express how proud we are of you. “Our boys will continue… Read full this story
- Esper pays tribute to 9 service members killed in training accident
- Tamar Braxton pays tribute to boyfriend for 'saving my life'
- 'I am so proud to be his daughter and I will miss him always': Shari Redstone pays tribute to her father Sumner after he passed away aged 97, leaving behind $3bn fortune and 'an incredible family legacy'
- Stonehaven train crash: Driver killed in ‘landslide’ along with 2 others pictured as friends pay tribute to ‘lovely’ dad
- Tamar Braxton pays tribute to boyfriend for ‘saving my life’
- Hero PC Andrew Harper's mother slams 'unduly lenient' sentences for her son's killers who will go free in eight years - as she welcomes review of their jail terms
- Teen Who ‘Radiated Positivity’, Man Who Was ‘Always Willing To Help’ Among Those Presumed Dead After Marine Training Accident
- How killer dad and footy reject was jealous of his wife for being FITTER and better at Crossfit than him - as the master manipulator's 11-year campaign of abuse is laid bare
- Tamar Braxton thanks boyfriend for 'saving my life' and calls him her 'angel on earth' in heartfelt tribute post after alleged suicide attempt
- Soldiers, families recall 2016 Fort Hood training accident
Wife and sons pay tribute to 'outstanding' soldier, 35, killed on training exercise have 391 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 7, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.