LAMBO bosses must be spitting blood watching Audi soak up all the Hollywood glitz and glamour. Take the likes of Tony Stark, aka Iron Man. He drives an Audi R8 in the Marvel blockbusters instead of a Lamborghini Huracan. Same bones underneath, of course, but the Huracan is higher in the pecking order. Now Lambo has dropped its biggest hint yet by putting Iron Man's heart in the new £2.5million Sian. I'm talking about that glow-up "supercap" badge between the seats. It does serve an actual purpose though, because it crowns the electric power source for Lambo's first hybrid supercar. It's complicated but I think I've got my head around it. Rather than use a lithium-ion battery pack like everyone else, Lambo has adopted what's called a supercapacitor. It's smaller and lighter and can't hold as much energy but it doesn't need to because it discharges and recharges instantly. So it boosts the already insane 785hp V12 by another 34 horsies when you floor it and then tops itself up every time you brake. Ready to go again. Clever. The result being, 819 horses and the fastest and most powerful Lambo ever. You'll see it on Top Gear next Sunday… Read full this story
- Along came a very fast Spider: Ferrari unleashes its first convertible hybrid supercar with the 211mph drop-top SF90 costing from £415,000
- Top Gear slapped with 119 Ofcom complaints as viewers slam 'dangerous driving'
- Lamborghini Sian Owner Arrives At Factory To See His 95-Percent Complete Car
- 2020 Land Rover Defender 110 first drive review: Off-rad chops meets modern tech
- The electric Volvo XC40 Recharge: First-drive impressions
- Aston Martin Divulges New Details About Mid-Engined Sports Car
- New McLaren 765LT is powerful, intoxicating and heroically fast
- Hayden Paddon vs Hyundai in race to make EV competition cars
- Honda Insight Type R Is A Hot Concept That Will Never Happen
- Aston Martin Valkyrie Problems Uncovered During Development
We test drive Lamborghini’s £2.5m & 217mph Sian hybrid supercar have 326 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 7, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.