Police in the US say they have intelligence showing a “possible plot” by a militia group to breach the Capitol on Thursday. The threat appears to be connected to a far-right conspiracy theory, mainly promoted by supporters of QAnon, that Donald Trump will rise again to power on 4 March. That was the original presidential inauguration day until 1933, when it was moved to 20 January. A statement from the Capitol Police said: “The United States Capitol Police Department is aware of and prepared for any potential threats towards members of Congress or towards the Capitol complex,” the agency said in a statement. “We have obtained intelligence that shows a possible plot to breach the Capitol by an identified militia group on Thursday 4 March.” Advertisement The statement said the agency was “taking the intelligence seriously” but provided no other specific details on the threat. Meanwhile, the acting police chief is testifying before a House subcommittee. More from Donald Trump Fox News sued by Dominion Voting Systems for $1.6bn over bogus 2020 election claims Donald Trump plans social media comeback – with his own platform, ex-adviser claims COVID-19: Donald Trump urges his supporters to get coronavirus vaccine Trump’s conference speech:… Read full this story
- Hacker Group Posts Hundreds of Law Officer Records
- Facebook could be forced to pay YOU £6,000 after ‘disaster’ hack attack that left 50million users exposed
- 4 Popular Fan Theories About
- Stranger Things: Millie Bobby Brown hopes for a season 4
- Russian Bots, Trolls Test Waters Ahead of US Midterms
- Under fire from senators, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg says he'd welcome the 'right regulations'
- iiNet: The whys and what nows
- Microsoft-FTC settle over Passport
- Marvel’s Runaways might get good once its heroes actually run away
- War crimes court-martial starts for SEALs; Navy's top attorney accused of unlawful command influence
US police uncover 'possible plot' by militia group to breach Capitol on Thursday have 287 words, post on news.sky.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.