AS MANY as 90 per cent of summer holidays are sold out as UK tour operators warn that bookings are still soaring. Brits opting to stay in the UK for a holiday this year are likely to be left disappointed with little left on the market. The government announced that domestic holidays can start as soon as April 12 as long as cases continue to drop, but this is only for one household, and at self-catered accommodation. From May 17, group holidays can go ahead while hotels will reopen, and June 21 is the earliest that travel restrictions may be fully eased. This has led to surging demand for UK holidays especially in popular destinations such as Cornwall , Devon and Dorset. According to the Telegraph , self-catered accommodation website Unique Homestays has warned that 92 per cent of summer holiday dates are booked up, with Oliver’s Travels has just eight per cent of properties still available during the summer season. Last month, Sun Online Travel revealed that some families were even being put on waiting lists for holidays in Cornwall due to demand. Summer holiday breaks at Center Parcs from £829 Three-night breaks at Butlin’s from £278 per stay… Read full this story
- 16 best summer holidays to go on with babies and toddlers
- Martin Lewis’ tips on slashing the cost of your summer holidays this year including booking for late August
- Adult-only holidays for summer 2019 – where to find the best all-inclusive deals for couples
- Family holiday planner: a year of day trips, minibreaks and weeks away
- Cheap all-inclusive Spain holidays – the best last-minute deals for summer 2019
- Cheap UK Christmas market city breaks from £29.50pp – from York to Edinburgh
- All-inclusive Lanzarote holidays for summer 2019 – where to go and the best deals
- How do we stop UK publishing being so posh and white?
- Country files: nature writers on the books that inspired them
- The Observer's books of the year
Up to 90% of UK summer holidays are now sold out following booking boom – here is how to still find a great deal have 304 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.