GRAND NATIONAL-winning trainer Gordon Elliott is being investigated after a shocking image on social media showed him sitting on a DEAD HORSE. Elliott, who led Tiger Roll to Aintree triumphs in 2018 and 2019, is co-operating with authorities after the shared Twitter picture went viral. The Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board have opened a probe and Elliott issued an apology to the racing world on Sunday night. He said: "I would like to address the speculation and rumours that have been rife since an old photo of me began circulating on social media yesterday afternoon. "Firstly, I apologise profoundly for any offence that this photo has caused and can categorically state that the welfare of each and every horse under my care is paramount and has been central to the success that we have enjoyed here at Cullentra. "The photo in question was taken some time ago and occurred after a horse had died of an apparent heart attack on the gallops. I appreciate that an initial viewing of this photo suggests it is a callous and staged photo but nothing could be further from the truth. "At what was a sad time, which it is when any horse under my care passes away, my… Read full this story
- Marty Wolfson Was Broke and Homeless Until a Horse Saved His Life
- Dan Wheldon among racing’s most horrific crashes
- Lara Trump’s fabulous life: Luxe homes, celebrity personal trainer, workouts in gym overlooking Central Park
- Big Law's Trojan Horse: Are the Big Four Preparing an Invasion?
- Deadly tornado in Cuba claims at least 3 lives, injures more than 170
- Virgin Galactic bid for ‘world’s first commercial spaceline’ has been deadly, expensive
- St. Louis County Police Union Wants 2 Cops Involved in Deadly Crash Reinstated
- 15 Des Moines Register investigations hold the powerful accountable
- Wine Country fires: An unstoppable, deadly inferno’s first hours
- In Louisiana, more than a third of ex-lawmakers continue to try to influence their old colleagues
Trainer Gordon Elliott apologises as racing authorities launch investigation into image of him sitting on dead horse have 321 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.