STIMULUS checks could be sent out as soon as this weekend as the House is set to vote on the $1.9trillion Covid bill on Wednesday. A senior Democratic leadership aide told CNN that the vote will “most likely” take place mid-week. This is one day later than House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer previously announced. However, another aide told the outlet that the delay is not unexpected. “It’s just a big, detailed bill, and it’s just taking a minute to process all of it,” the said. If House does pass the bill, the next step will be for President Joe Biden to give it the thumbs up. Thereafter, stimulus checks will begin being sent out to Americans who fit the bill. Over the weekend, Biden revealed that Americans could start receiving their $1,400 stimulus this month after the Senate passed the trillion-dollar Covid relief bill. The president made the comments during a press briefing on Saturday when Biden confirmed that people could start getting their coronavirus payout in March. “When we took office 45 days ago, I promised the American people that help was on the way,” he told reporters. “Today, I can say we've taken one more giant step forward… Read full this story
- Fury as Speaker John Bercow BLOCKS fresh bid by Boris Johnson to trigger a vote on his Brexit deal - with ministers vowing to force legislation through Parliament this week
- MPs torpedo Boris Johnson's Brexit plan: Commons votes down PM's bid to fast-track deal and hit 'do or die' October 31 date - despite threats to pull the Bill and force an election
- Is Britain heading for a DECEMBER election? Jeremy Corbyn tells Labour he WILL back Boris Johnson's call for a snap poll despite party's despair at disastrous polls as Downing Street goes into 'election mode' and gears up for a vote before Christmas
- Gemma Collins breaks Instagram silence as she is sent a bouquet of flowers after 'calling 999 over concerns on/off boyfriend James Argent had overdosed'
- House leaders, progressives spar over drug bill change
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump claims on extremists, impeachment
- Vote of Confidence
- 'I will NOT allow months more of this': Boris Johnson vows to SCRAP his Brexit Bill and challenge Jeremy Corbyn to an election before Christmas if MPs vote down his 72-hour push to pass deal and leave EU by October 31
- 'We could be stuffed like Christmas turkeys': Tory ministers warn Boris Johnson over his 'Grinch-like' bid for a December election as Labour finally looks set to back PM's call for a snap vote
- Brexit: What could happen next in the unfolding political drama?
Stimulus checks could be sent out as soon as this weekend as House set to vote on $1.9trillion Covid bill on Wednesday have 428 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.