PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle’s bombshell Oprah interview could burn the couple’s final bridge with Prince Philip and the Queen, it has been claimed. Royal expert Victoria Murphy said the Oprah interview put the popularity of the monarchy on the line. But she said the row had gone beyond criticism of the institution — and could burn any personal bridges Harry and Meghan still have. “There’s only so much you can separate the individuals and the people from their roles and the positions that they have within “The Firm”, and if you’re attacking one, then you’re also attacking the other,” she added. The news comes as the Duke of Edinburgh, who is just three months from his 100th birthday, underwent surgery for a pre-existing heart condition. A statement from Buckingham Palace said: “The Duke of Edinburgh yesterday underwent a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condition at St Bartholomew's Hospital. “His Royal Highness will remain in hospital for treatment, rest and recuperation for a number of days. He is undergoing testing for his pre-existing heart problem at the hospital, which is one of the country's leading specialist cardiac centres. Follow our Prince Philip live blog below for the very latest… Read full this story
- The incredible life of Prince Philip, who just turned 97
- Harry & Meghan, Duke, Duchess of Sussex
- Queen, Prince Philip to skip christening of Prince Louis
- 'He's already got a bit of facial hair!' Playful Harry makes case for son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor taking after him as he breaks out dad jokes and ribs giggly Meghan over baby's calm persona in hilarious clip
- Prince Harry and Meghan name 'dream' son Archie
- Why Meghan Markle is our modern mermaid
- Will Prince Harry and Meghan Markle follow royal wedding traditions?
- The 23 best candid photos from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s royal wedding
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s virtual baby shower raised over 100,000 meals for South African children
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are now officially on Instagram, and they’ve made their first post
Prince Philip latest news – Harry and Meghan ‘could burn final bridge’ with stricken Duke and Queen with Oprah interview have 339 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.