Prince Philip has “slightly improved” and the Royal Family are keeping their fingers crossed, the Duchess of Cornwall has said. The Duke of Edinburgh is being treated at St Bartholomew’s Hospital in London for a pre-existing heart condition and an infection. He was moved there by ambulance from the King Edward VII’s Hospital on Monday. Camilla was asked by a volunteer about the duke’s condition as she visited a vaccination centre in Croydon, south London. She told Anne Sheehan, who works as a receptionist at the centre, that the duke’s condition has seen a slight improvement. Advertisement Buckingham Palace said after Philip was moved that the duke was comfortable, adding “doctors will continue to treat him for an infection, as well as undertake testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition”. The 99-year-old has spent 15 nights in hospital now – his longest ever stay. More from Duchess Of Cornwall Athens becomes first city to adopt Prince Charles’ Earth Charter – as more are encouraged to join Prince Charles to reassure Greece post-Brexit ties will be ‘strong and vital’ ‘Pure brilliance’: Duchess of Cornwall praises innovative scheme helping victims of domestic abuse Duchess of Cornwall launches Reading Room book club on Instagram… Read full this story
- Prince Philip 'ordered Andrew to step down for the sake of the monarchy'
- What Christmas at Sandringham is REALLY like: From 'viciously competitive' board games to Prince Philip's 'very strong' cocktails, experts reveal how the royal celebrations are 'wonderfully relaxed'
- Who Will Play Prince Philip in 'The Crown' Season 3? David Tennant and Five Other Actors Who Could Replace Matt Smith
- SECOND Jeffrey Epstein victim claims she had sex with Prince Andrew: Duke of York faces shock new allegations as lawyers for women trafficked by the US paedophile launch 'rigorous investigation'
- The Queen has a martini at Christmas and Prince Philip puts the star on top of the tree, documentary reveals
- Inside £115m Balmoral Castle where the Queen spends her summer holidays, including 52 bedrooms, Prince Philip’s vegetable patch and A LOT of bats
- A royally revealing photo album: Matt Smith and Claire Foy made a VERY convincing Queen and Prince Philip in The Crown. Now, as rumours swirl of an off-screen romance, is life imitating art?
- Details of Harry and Meghan's royal tour REVEALED: Couple will meet koalas, take part in a 'welly-wanging' contest and recreate the Queen and Prince Philip's 1953 welcome to Fiji
- The Queen enjoys a martini at Christmas while Philip puts star on tree doc reveals
- Royal baby will have dual nationality: US tax authorities want Prince Harry & Meghan to report any gift worth over $100K
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, has 'slightly improved', Camilla says have 428 words, post on news.sky.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.