Prince Philip has had a “successful procedure” for a pre-existing heart condition. Buckingham Palace said: “The Duke of Edinburgh yesterday underwent a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condition at St Bartholomew’s Hospital. “His Royal Highness will remain in hospital for treatment, rest and recuperation for a number of days.” The Duke of Edinburgh, who turns 100 in June, is being treated at St Bartholomew’s Hospital in London. He was moved there by ambulance from the King Edward VII’s Hospital on Monday. Advertisement Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player Camilla said yesterday that Prince Philip had ‘slightly improved’ Philip, the nation’s longest-serving consort, has spent 16 nights in hospital – his longest ever stay. He was initially admitted to the private King Edward VII’s Hospital on 16 February as a precautionary measure after feeling unwell. The exact reason for his initial admission was not disclosed, but it was not related to coronavirus . More from Prince Philip In pictures – Prince Philip’s extraordinary life of service Prince Philip dies: In pictures – The Duke of Edinburgh’s extraordinary life of service Prince Philip dies: Boris Johnson praises Duke of Edinburgh’s ‘steadfast support’ for Queen as tributes are… Read full this story
- Prince Philip pictured for first time in six months as he marks 99th birthday
- Prince Philip beams as he makes rare public appearance at granddaughter Beatrice's wedding
- Prince Louis Christened, But Why Wasn’t Prince Philip There?
- Queen and Prince Philip off to 'Balmoral bubble' as part of coronavirus safety plan
- Prince Philip, 99, Appears for Birthday Snap With the Queen—and No, It Has Not Been Digitally Altered
- Prince Philip looks happy and healthy as he smiles alongside the Queen after Princess Beatrice's wedding in rare public appearance since his official retirement
- Prince Philip marks quiet 99th birthday with Queen in isolation amid lockdown
- Queen Elizabeth's husband Prince Philip to retire from public life
- The Queen and Prince Philip are pictured arriving at Princess Beatrice’s wedding after months in lockdown
- The Queen and Prince Philip are to move to Balmoral early for a socially-distanced summer holiday with her family - who cannot go near her
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, has had 'successful procedure' for pre-existing heart condition, palace says have 353 words, post on news.sky.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.