Prince Charles visits Jesus House church in Brent Cross
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The Prince of Wales, 72, carried out a royal engagement this morning, just hours after his son Prince Harry revealed the pair fell out over the Duke’s decision to step down as a senior working royal. Charles looked in high spirits as he visited Jesus House church in London to see an NHS vaccine pop-up clinic in action.
Charles wore a disposable face mask as he toured Jesus House in Brent Cross, meeting NHS and church staff working on the vaccination pop-up clinic as well as community members due to receive their jab.
He seemed at ease as he chatted to the workers including one woman who said she was from Nigeria.
The prince replied: “Oh fantastic, yes, I’ve been there. Lots of different ethnic groups.
“Do give them my kind regards next time you speak to them.”
Prince Charles has been pictured for the first time since Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s bombshell (Image: PA)
Prince Charles toured Jesus House in Brent Cross (Image: PA)
Daily Express royal correspondent Richard Palmer also revealed Charles appeared to “laugh off” his son’s tell-all interview.
He wrote on Twitter: “At the end of a visit to a predominantly black church in Brent Cross, north west London, today he was asked what he thought of the interview.
“He chuckled and carried on walking.”
During Meghan and Harry’s sitdown chat with US chat show host Oprah Winfrey, the Duke revealed his father stopped taking his calls last year.
Prince Charles met with NHS and church staff working on the vaccination pop-up clinic (Image: PA)
Harry said that while the couple were in Canada with their son, Archie, he had several phone calls with the Queen and Charles over their decision to quit official duties.
He said: “I had three conversations with my grandmother and two conversations with my father, before he stopped taking my calls.”
Asked why his father had stopped taking his calls, Harry said: “Because I took matters… by that point I’d took matters into my own hands.
“It was, like, I needed to do this for my family. This is not a surprise to anybody. It’s really sad that it’s got to this point.”
DON’T MISS: Meghan and Harry POLL: Has Royal Family's reputation been damaged? [POLL] Prince Philip health: Harry ‘asked to come home’ to see grandfather [DETAILS] Royal Family LIVE: Queen paralysed with ‘horror and dismay’ [BLOG]
Prince Charles wore a face mask for the visit (Image: PA)
Prince Harry suggested the pair are now back on speaking terms, as he said Charles is now accepting his calls.
He also said he wants to “heal” his relationship with his father, despite being hurt by his actions.
The Duke told Oprah: “I feel really let down because he’s been through something similar.
“He knows what pain feels like.”
Most watched Oprah Winfrey interviews on Youtube (Image: Express)
He added: “I will always love him, but there’s a lot of hurt that’s happened.
“And I will continue to make it one of my priorities to try and heal that relationship.”
Buckingham Palace has yet to publish an official statement in response to the interview.
Oprah With Meghan and Harry is on the ITV Hub, Courtesy of Harpo Productions/CBS.
- Prince Charles fears Royal Family 'too open to criticism' – set to snub Harry's family
- Prince Charles 'saw opportunity to strike back' against Harry in royal finance report
- Prince Charles faces royal baby fears as the world waits to hear that Meghan Markle's in labour
- Prince Charles Told Princess Diana He Didn't Love Her the Night Before Their Wedding, Her Friend Claims
- Prince Charles ‘utilized chance’ to strike back against Harry
- Prince Charles sent warning over plot to cut key royals - 'Seek help!'
- 'Clumsy' Prince Charles sparked Meghan Markle fury with 'provocative' title shake up plans
- Meghan ‘welcomed’ into Royal Family by Prince Charles with ‘important symbolic act’
- Prince Charles' demand Diana stripped of HRH status given to Queen
- 'This is your son!' US hosts erupts at Prince Charles' treatment of Harry 'He messed up!
- Prince Charles 'shocked' by sick abusive attacks on brave NHS staff: 'Unacceptable!'
- Prince Harry’s criticisms of childhood branded similar to Prince Charles’ own complaints
- 'Horrified' Prince Charles makes 'odd' decision to speak out with ‘unusually strong' words
- Prince Charles warned Britons 'would not stomach' a big coronation after Queen's reign
- Prince Charles warns of ‘total catastrophe' as future King issues plea to world leaders
- Prince Charles reverting to Diana row response to avoid confronting Prince Harry
- Prince Charles DID fund Harry with 'substantial sum' after Megxit- Claim on Oprah attacked
- Meghan Markle popularity comeback as Duchess overtakes Prince Charles after funding row
- Queen abdication: Monarch 'slowing down' for years as Prince Charles 'moves forward'
- Prince Charles steps up to future king role as heir leads honours ceremony at palace
Prince Charles chuckles on royal duty as he's confronted about Meghan and Harry crisis have 945 words, post on www.express.co.uk at March 9, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.