The Government will make a one-off payment of £500 to low-income parents and guardians of children needing to self-isolate during the pandemic. The eligibility criteria for the Government’s Test and Trace Support Scheme has now been updated to include “a parent or guardian who is staying off work to look after a child who is self-isolating”. Work and Pensions Minister Justin Tomlinson announced the development at the Commons on Tuesday. The news comes after Labour called last month for the one-off payment to be available to anyone who does not have access to occupational sick pay and low-income parents of self-isolating children. The £500 Test and Trace Support Scheme, introduced in September, offers financial help to people on low incomes who cannot work during their self-isolation period and will, as a result, lose income. Those who meet the eligibility criteria will be paid directly into the bank account of the person who has been told to self-isolate. Responding to an adjournment debate tabled by Labour MP Richard Burgon (Leeds East) on statutory sick pay, Mr Tomlinson told the Commons that the Government has “listened to feedback from charities and support groups on the front line” in coming to its decision… Read full this story
- Phillip Schofield airs concern over whether he should 'self-isolate' after visiting Paris with his family last week amid coronavirus fears
- Zara and Mike Tindall say they will NOT self-isolate despite going on skiing trip to coronavirus hot-spot of northern Italy just last week
- Health Secretary Matt Hancock confirms anyone who has to self-isolate because of coronavirus WILL get sick pay
- Have two children caught coronavirus from a taxi? Hampshire primary school pupils self-isolate for 14 days after travelling in same car used by infected patient – as Carlisle NHS worker gets killer illness in Italy
- 'Worry is contagious': the vaccine-hesitant parents putting children at risk
- Coronavirus fears grip Britain's schools as two CLOSE and 12 others tell all students flying home from ski trips in disease-hit northern Italy to stay at home and self-isolate
- Pupils at Prince George and Princess Charlotte’s school ‘self-isolated over coronavirus fears’
- Coronavirus: Do you still get paid if you have to self-isolate?
- Self-isolating coronavirus workers WILL get sick pay, Health Secretary confirms
- Teach your children good morals, Okowa tells parents, guardians
Parents and guardians of children self-isolating will receive £500 support payment have 370 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.