Meghan Markle today told Oprah Winfrey that palace officials failed to protect her and ‘were willing to lie to protect other members of the Royal family .’ In an historic interview, the mother-to-be opened up about life in ‘The Firm’ and the struggles she faced adjusting to life within the ‘institution’. The Duchess of Sussex has already accused The Firm of ‘perpetuating falsehoods’ about her and Harry. But in another bombshell revelation today, Meghan revealed she was ‘silenced’ by Buckingham Palace officials. She added: ‘It was only once we were married and everything started to really worsen that I came to understand that, not only was I not being protected, but that they were willing to lie to protect other members of the family. ‘They were not willing to tell the truth to protect myself and my husband.’ Meghan was also asked whether a trip to watch tennis at Wimbledon with the Duchess of Cambridge was ‘what it looked like … helping you adjust’. The Duchess replied: ‘My understanding of the past four years is it’s nothing like what it looks like.’ Meghan revealed she was ‘silenced’ by officials who told her to always answer ‘no comment’, adding, ‘because it was… Read full this story
- Meghan Markle ‘on edge about what’s next’ after dad Thomas’ shock comments about Princess Diana, royal expert claims
- Meghan Markle's dad fears he will never see his daughter again
- 'Inhumane' Meghan Markle victim of new blast by own family
- Meghan Markle's dad: "I just want my daughter to care for me as he gets older"
- Meghan Markle's sister brands her 'greedy, arrogant and deceitful'
- Meghan Markle’s dad defended by Princess Diana’s old bodyguard who claims Harry should have done MORE to protect him
- Meghan Markle’s royal tour will be a ‘baptism of fire’, according to former royal aide
- ‘Trendy leftie’ Meghan Markle is ‘finding it hard to get on with Prince Harry’s friends’, Lady Colin Campbell claims
- Soon-to-be-Duchess Meghan poses in pyjamas to serve up breakfast tips
- Meghan Markle’s sister refused Kensington Palace entry after arriving uninvited
'Palace lied about me to protect other royals': Meghan claims aides refused to stand up for her have 340 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.