One man was feared dead and several others left seriously injured today after a knife attack at a Chinese takeaway in a rural Welsh village. Witnesses said the village restaurant was ‘covered in blood’ and more than 30 emergency vehicles were at the scene at midday. The victims were flown to hospital by air ambulance and police confirmed they were dealing with a ‘serious incident’ involving ‘multiple casualties’. Screams were heard coming from the Blue Sky Chinese takeaway shortly after midday in the village of Ynyswen, Rhondda, South Wales. Neighbour John Belgrove 46, said: ‘I was in my workshop when I heard sirens and saw police everywhere. ‘There was a girl sitting on a pavement – she was in her pyjamas and they were covered in blood. I could see she was sobbing and in a terrible state. ‘I helped the police block off the road, I heard them say that one person was dead and several others badly hurt.’ First Minister of Wales Mark Drakeford tweeted that news of the incident was ‘deeply concerning’. Meanwhile, Rhondda Labour MP Chris Bryant reassured that people ‘do not need to be frightened’, saying that the police are ‘completely in control of the situation’…. Read full this story
- Three feared dead as Police, Shi’ites clash in Kaduna
- Police accused of political correctness after issuing an appeal for a sex attacker WITHOUT mentioning suspect was a man wearing womens clothes
- The 11 crime scene clues that have sparked serial killer fears: Key evidence from brutal deaths of elderly couples suggests a murderer may have been active in Britain since 1996
- Villagers kill RJD leader, critically injure BJP worker in Jharkhand
- 'We are a death squad sent by Allah': Religious teacher accused of plotting terror attacks at Heathrow, Westfield and Big Ben 'was caught on secret recording'
- The latest numbers: UK's coronavirus infections rise by 643 to 3,269 and death toll goes up 33 to 144 - including the youngest, a woman aged just 47 with high blood pressure
- London Bridge attack victim who needed eight months of hospital treatment takes terrorist pair’s estates to court
- The Skripals were 'frozen like statues': Britain's top chemical weapons expert provides a gripping account of the Salisbury attack and how he became a target for Russian goons as Putin is accused of poisoning ANOTHER foe
- Fact check: Were 100 Chinese soldiers killed in the Galwan Valley clash
- Democratic convention takeaways: Make history, pound Trump
One person is feared dead and 'a number' of people injured after 'knife attack at Chinese takeaway' in Welsh village have 389 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.