Philip Whiteside, news reporter Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe is a British-Iranian woman who has been in jail in Iran for five years. The Iranian regime claims she was working against the state when she was arrested on a visit to the country to see her parents with her daughter. Here is a timeline of events that have left a family split apart and resulted in diplomacy at the highest level. October 2010 Joins Thomson Reuters Foundation Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe joins the Thomson Reuters Foundation, a charity that says it promotes “socio-economic progress” and the rule of law through a series of training programmes. Advertisement Before the move, she worked for BBC Media Action for around 18 months, the corporation’s international development charity which uses “the power of media and communication to help reduce poverty and support people in understanding their rights”. June 2014 Birth of her daughter Gabriella, the only daughter of Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe and her husband Richard, is born in the UK and grows up in St John’s Wood, north London. In the next 22 months, Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe and her daughter travel to Iran four times to see family. More from Iran Anoosheh Ashoori, British-Iranian man detained in Iran, says UK is… Read full this story
- Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe freed from Iran jail temporarily
- Johnson 'did not keep word' to free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, says husband
- Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe collapses in prison after panic attack
- Family of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe will not ask for more temporary releases
- The Guardian view on Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Iran must free her
- Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's husband hits back at Boris Johnson insisting Tory leadership favourite's gaffe aided Iran's propaganda against his wife
- Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's husband pleads with Boris Johnson to keep his promise
- Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's husband pleads with Boris Johnson to deliver a 'Christmas miracle' and get his wife freed from jail and reveals their daughter 'cries for her mummy'
- Husband of jailed Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe begs Boris Johnson for 'Christmas miracle' return
- Hunt in Iran to appeal for release of Zaghari-Ratcliffe
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: The five-year fight for freedom have 318 words, post on news.sky.com at March 7, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.